Lovely quote at the bottom.

--

Comments

• rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    If anyone still thinks that SafeSpeed is a reputable organisation with a good, sound stance standing up for people's rights, read the Press Release here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SafeSpeedPR/message/380

Illiterate Green Ink lunacy. Hopefully now the SS will disappear from the radar.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    No wonder Paul has spent so much time frothing here! I'll have to go and see what the playpen says:
    Answer is not a lot, apart from quotes from a dissenting judge.
    One of the SStormtroopers thinks that governments should be tackled by "the authorities".
    Psssst: they ARE the authorities.

Oh, and "yippee!!!!!"

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Pringlecp
    Pringlecp Posts: 771
    "In my view it is a perverse decision," Mr Francis said. "I am shocked and amazed." - what a ****ing tosser

Another year older, another Budweiser
    Another year older, another Budweiser
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    I call it the death rattle, Paulie.

The tanks are invading the airport right behind you mate.

• Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    I like this:

"Mr O'Halloran had said he was driving his vehicle but later retracted, saying he had a right to silence and protection from self-incrimination. Magistrates fined him and added penalty points. "

How did he think he was going to retract? Hypnotise everyone so they forgot he said it?

Am I missing something? If they are driving, they deserve the fine (except I expect they don't think they do, but that's another issue). If they aren't they tell on the person who was. If they weren't and refuse to say, they get the fine anyway, don't they, as the registered owners? So their right to silence just entitles them to take the rap if it wasn't them doesn't it?

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

If anyone still thinks that SafeSpeed is a reputable organisation with a good, sound stance standing up for people's rights, read the Press Release here:

Illiterate Green Ink lunacy. Hopefully now the SS will disappear from the radar.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    What I don't get is why has he put out TWO press releases one for win, one for loss, BEFORE the verdict was announced? Could he not be bothered to wait, or was he going on holiday or something?

And why 'green' ink? What does that signify please.
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by formerlyknownasbonj</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jaded</i>

--
    What I don't get is why has he put out TWO press releases one for win, one for loss, BEFORE the verdict was announced? Could he not be bothered to wait, or was he going on holiday or something?

And why 'green' ink? What does that signify please.

Probably because a couple of weeks ago there was a European study on road safety released. Paulie completely missed it, and was too late getting his PR out. His PR which, incidentally, he wrote before actually reading the report.

• Tourist Tony
    Bonj, because he is a loony is the simple answer. The idea of "green ink" is newspaper shorthand for letters from mad ranters.
    As for the right to silence, since one of the CJA's (can't be bothered to google it) the caution has included the words (from memory)"it may harm your defence if you fail to mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court"
    During interview, there are also Special Warnings, which in essence say (in these cases) "On [date] your car was [offence]. Explain that or let the jury draw adverse conclusions from it".

• stelvio
    stelvio Posts: 1,422
    Interesting to see the appeal was supported by "human rights group " Liberty; I will have to remove Shami Chakrabarti from my christmas card list.
  • Tourist Tony
    I think Liberty were involved because of the priciple, and despite the associated nutters.
    I would be interested to see if they would support a similar case with BNP associations.

• Just checking something about this new forum....
    Bikes are traffic.
  • Good.

Is Bonj 12 years old or what?
    Bikes are traffic.
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981
    Good.

Is Bonj 12 years old or what?

If you thought he was bad before, he is now dabbling in drugs, see the Pharmacy section :lol:
  • labarum
    labarum Posts: 110
    The link in the initial post is corrupt - can someone repair it?

Have I got this right? A vehicle keeper has refused to identify the driver of his car on a particular occasion, and his right to silence has been up held.

In Germany all speed cameras a forward facing, and a conviction can only succeed if the driver can be identified from the picture taken.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Labarum, the case was about the right not implicate yourself, which is an aspect of the right to silence. The motorists claim was dismissed. Hence the hooray :wink:
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    I work in the medical field.

When I carry out an examination, post results , or make an entry in a patients notes - I sign and print so that I can be identified.

This is standard practice in many other fields as well. Would you be happy if you did not know who performed your surgery or prescribed your medication as signing the form "might incriminate them" if something went wrong?

This is about responsibility and being responsible for your actions. Something thatthe speeding lobby simply refuse to recognise
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Tourist Tony
    And there you have it: they are capable of judging, etc, etc, safe'n'appropriatezzzzzzzzzz....
    But when something goes wrong it's just an accident, not their fault, ad nauseam.
    Responsibilityis exactly the point.
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    Labarum wrote:
    The link in the initial post is corrupt - can someone repair it?

Fixed, as best I can.