Sebastien Joly tumour

Noodley
Noodley Posts: 1,725
edited July 2007 in Pro race
From cyclingnews.com:

Fran‡aise Des Jeux has announced that its rider S‚bastien Joly has a tumour and will stop cycling immediately.

"My season is officially interrupted due to the recent discovery of a tumour," the 32 year-old Frenchman noted in a press release. "I will be operated on Tuesday, July 3, and after this procedure there will be the possibility of a precise diagnosis. In a subsequent communication, I will make known the duration of my period of recovery and the eventual treatment. Thanks to my family and my team for the support they have given me."

L'Equipe reported an operation is to determine if the tumour is benign or not and that its location is unknown. The eighth-year professional is the winner of this year's Paris-Camembert.

Comments

• lucretiuscp
    lucretiuscp Posts: 135
    That sucks, hope it's benign and he's back on the bike soon.

That should fire up his team to really attack this year.
  • he'll be back in three years time with his maiden TDF victory

(get well soon to him.)

tea is good
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    Let's hope he gets it all cleared up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Latest from cyclingnews on 11.07.07:

"Late last month, French rider Sébastien Joly announced that he would stop riding after a tumour was discovered at an undisclosed location in his body, and the Française des Jeux rider found out yesterday that the growth was cancerous. "I expected it," he said from his home in the Rhône valley. "I'll undergo several months of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I'm hopeful because I was told the treatment is pretty efficient for this kind of cancer."

Joly was full of praise for the members of the cycling community who have leant him much support. "I have received a lot of supportive messages and I thank all the people who did it," he said. "I'm prepared to put a lot of effort into my recovery. I have come to terms with my sickness now. I watch the Tour de France every day and I aim at having a quiet time."

Joly, 28, was in the peak of form when his diagnosis came, having won the Paris-Camembert earlier this year."

Hopefully, as he says, the treatment will be efficient.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Fingers crossed for the guy, that's rotten luck and puts cycle racing into perspective.

Here's wishing him a successful recovery.
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Bonne chance Seb

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    Best wishes for Sebastian and his family........
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621