Rides ?? Hull based

givememorepower
givememorepower Posts: 20
edited September 2007 in MTB rides
Anyone know of any good xc with moderate downhill tracks other than dalby forest that's in east yorks?

[:o)]

Life is short so get it spent.
Floats like a butterfly and stings like my wee

Comments

• jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    if you travel abit thers hamsterley forest and carlton bank, hope this helps
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    Given the curent weather, I suggest taking up canoeing in the Hull area.

<font size="1"><b><font color="red">You are made of LACK and FAIL</font id="red"></b></font id="size1">

<b><font color="red"><font size="6">31</font id="size6"></font id="red"></b>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the abductor</i>
    ++kschhh-schhh++ Madeline, I AM your father ++kschhh-schhh++<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • ham.forest looks like a drive a little too far for a days riding i think. carlton bank looks good, is it near swaledale? i can get to swaledale in around two hours i think.directions????
    when i've finished competing in the local freestyle swimming races to our local shops, i'm gonna dive down into the garage and fish out my bike to head for high ground, or as kevin costner put it, dry land!
    [:D][:D]

Life is short so get it spent.
    Floats like a butterfly and stings like my wee
  • There's naff all in Hull as you probably already discovered, Brantingham is the only place for anything half decent, and I stress the half. Wharncliffe by Sheffield is probably the closest although I've not been there, I've heard it's pretty decent.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">We live in the unhappy shadows of skyscrapers freight trains and malls</font id="size1">
  • You can string a decent ride togther based aroung North Newbald, High Hunsley, South Cave, Brantingham, Elloughton.

Ok it's not the best riding ever but makes for a good 2-3 hours.
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • xc-andy
    xc-andy Posts: 174
    yeah agreed , those areas i used to ride when i was a kid.... some good off road routes up there.
    get an OS map or just poke your nose about to find some good tracks.
    some decent descents in places if you go where you shouldnt. :)
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    hey
    try elloughton =D
    i was round there the other day
    and beverly,skidby, little weighton.
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    i just repeated what other people have said really =/
  • owen_MTB wrote:
    hey
    try elloughton =D
    i was round there the other day
    and beverly,skidby, little weighton.

I live in Beverley and can't think were you mean except maybe the westwood. Can I have a bit more enlightenment on these areas please
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • i dont mean in beverley i mean around lol
  • It's quite fun in the woods at Raywell too and you can link up a few trails around Welton, Elloughton etc, like already said there are a few cheeky trails aswell :wink:
  • Surely anywhere going away from Hull is a good ride?

:wink:
    2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite - 2006 Phantom 1203 "Miss Leadin"