McEwan investigated...

chewa
chewa Posts: 164
edited July 2007 in Pro race
... to see where he is keeping the Enterprise's transporter room.

Only way I could see him appearing from nowhere to win yesterdays stage :lol:

How does he do it, what a bike handler!

That man is an enigma wrapped in a mystery surrounded by a puzzle.
plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens

Black 531c tourer
FCN 7
While dahn saff Dahon Speed 6 FCN 11!!!
Also 1964 Flying Scot Continental
1995 Cinelli Supercorsa (columbus slx)
BTwin Rockrider 8.1
Unicycle
Couple of others!

Comments

• heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Haha. Amazing wasn't it. Its not often you feel the power through the TV screen but yesterday you could tell he was shifting.
    I thought it was generally a great sprint finish actually. Really exciting for the brits to get a look at the real deal.
  • I watched yesterday's stage thinking right though the final kilometres 'watch McEwen pull something right out of the hat', but that was astounding.

I once sat in a race car during the Launceston criterium and watched McEwen win it bt taking off the front two bends from the line and chucking his bike over so hard to get the jump on everyone that he could almost get his knee down!

Astounding rider, and he's developed the grace to go with his talent in the last few years too.
    John Stevenson
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    That was one of the best finishes I have ever seen.
    The way he was completely hidden till the last few yards was unbelievable even for McEwan! :D
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    He wasn't too impressed with the other sprinters team tactics of gunning it when they'd heard he'd crashed judging by his comments on the ITV coverage.

Simply amazing bike rider to get past 150 others on such narrow roads riding at 35+mph. The fella must have balls of steel.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Just been watching it again. You get a glimpse of him 90 secs before the finish about 20 places back, jn a great position ready to pounce. Similar to his usual tactics really. He often 'comes from nowhere' because you just can't see him. There usually isn't much of a Lotto train to give away his position, and he's really short and his jersey and helmet aren't very bright. You just have to watch really carefully for his shades. I love the way he uses wheels from other teams - if only we could get a decent overhead shot showing him moving through the bunch in the last few kms...I think it would be much more exciting than watching the usual jostling between the trains at the front.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I suppose if his wrist was injured he had to put it all on the line yesterday as we don't know how long he will last.
  • Moose11
    Moose11 Posts: 235
    It was unbelievble stuff... One of the best sprint wins I've seen considering the circumstances.
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    Simply brilliant finish. Worth re-watching a few times!
    8)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,123
    Bronzie - I thought his comments on ITV were a little ungracious, especially given he'd won. What did he expect them to do - sit up and wait? It is a bike race after all and the pace is always high for the last 20 kms.

It was a pretty astonishing recovery though, I told my girlfriend that he had no chance of winning when he was off the back. She now thinks I'm a total goon! :oops:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Quote: "he's developed the grace to go with his talent in the last few years too"

Somehow contradicts the later comment about the fact that he believed they attacked him when he was off the back! Not that there's any animosity between Lotto and QS?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..