Upgrades for a 2007 scott scale 50

jame5
jame5 Posts: 14
edited July 2007 in MTB buying advice
Just bought a Scott Scale 50 2 weeks ago (been out of riding for years). Unfortunately I popped something in the front forks (tora 302?) but is being repaired under warranty. So instead of being out riding in the first bit of sun in ages I'm sat on the net looking at bits for my bike. What is worth upgrading on a scale 50?

Cheers

James

Comments

• dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    the first upgrades on my bike was grips and saddle. next upgrade will probably be kevlar tyres then maybe a lighter seatpost/stem/bars.
  • jame5
    jame5 Posts: 14
    dunker wrote:
    the first upgrades on my bike was grips and saddle. next upgrade will probably be kevlar tyres then maybe a lighter seatpost/stem/bars.

A set of Carbon bars in my local shop did catch my eyes. Just wondering if there is rubbish parts on the Scale 50 that I would benefit from changing.

Your bike looks really nice btw.

Cheers
    James
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    thanks :) well the scale 50 looks like a nice balanced bike to me, i'd prolly put some riser bars on it but that's personal taste and maybe upgrade the contact points if anything feels uncomfortable, saddle/grips/pedals. just replace or upgrade as parts break i reckon.

on mine my oem tyres are prolly the lowest spec thing on it but they're working fine for my newbie riding so i'll upgrade them once they're worn out.

shame about your forks bad luck there :( but once it's back get your camera out and lets see some pics of your bike :)