How long until I am no longer a beginner?

Bigtallfatbloke
Bigtallfatbloke Posts: 232
edited August 2007 in MTB beginners
When can i take the L plates off?...when do i get promoted...and what to ,and does anybody care?...

...I think my tripel soaking today must set me on the way to being at least..erm... maybe...beginner class 1 maybe? :roll: :roll: :lol:
Gravity sucks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lol, when you can adjust the gears and brakes I say ;-)
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    When you feel confident to put the bike into a 2 wheel slide around a tight corner you've never even seen before, and can't see around... Then you're getting there. ;)
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    whyamihere wrote:
    When you feel confident to put the bike into a 2 wheel slide around a tight corner you've never even seen before, and can't see around... Then you're getting there. ;)

I'm never gonna be able to do that.
  • whyamihere
    You will, if you ride enough. I never thought I'd be able to do it, now it's no problem.
  • Kitty
    whyamihere wrote:
    You will, if you ride enough. I never thought I'd be able to do it, now it's no problem.

<3
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    Here they go....
  • Kitty
    Pft go away.
  • hey all the mbuk ppl are here! I couldent use my name from the mbuk forum because is was taken dammit! (Formerly latinthrasher) I guess im still a beginner then. But hopefully not for long :)
    being random is not unique, the words you say will make you're randomness unique
  • whyamihere
    All the old names have been transferred across. Try your own login details, it'll probably work...
  • Aux1
    Aux1 Posts: 865
    When can i take the L plates off?...when do i get promoted...and what to ,and does anybody care?...

...I think my tripel soaking today must set me on the way to being at least..erm... maybe...beginner class 1 maybe? :roll: :roll: :lol:

Well I guess when you can adjust gears and brakes, fix a puncture on the trail, when you're not afraid of mud and rain, are able not to fall behind everybody else on a ride, get some gloves, riding glasses and helmet lol and you clean and lube your chain regularly! Then you stop being tEh n00b :D
  • extreme__dude
    extreme__dude Posts: 1,077
    i guess when youve been riding a year or two your not really a beginner, but doesnt mean your any good :wink:
    <center>pinkbike</center>
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    It doesn't matter - as long as you are having fun :lol: who cares!! :wink:
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • littlered
    littlered Posts: 20
    Just remember there is something new to learn everyday :D

I've been rinding my bike now for 3 years and I'm still a beginner.
    Still lots to learn about my bike. :D
  • Markmjh
    Markmjh Posts: 415
    I think you stop being a noob when you stop worrying about falling and realise that it is always gonna happen no matter how good you think you are!

Everyone falls, sometimes it hurts, sometimes it don't but you almost always look stupid laying there in the dirt :lol:
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • Intenserider
    Intenserider Posts: 122
    i think its when you fall over pushing back up the part of the trail you have just ridden down, and dont care, you just laugh it off while your mates wet themselves(not literally)

Yes i admit it, i find it more difficult pushing my bike up trails than i do riding down them 8)
    i\'m the type of person who plays with a kite in a thunder and lightening storm, under a tree in a suit of armour..
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    When you start giving advice in this forum. No, not really.

When you start looking for either the quickest or the most challenging lines rather than the easy ones.

Keep going.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • You're no longer a beginner when you can ride over somthign you wouldn't dare walk over.

Falling over it counts too :D
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."
  • Spoony Man
    Spoony Man Posts: 132
    Markmjh wrote:
    I think you stop being a noob when you stop worrying about falling and realise that it is always gonna happen no matter how good you think you are!

Everyone falls, sometimes it hurts, sometimes it don't but you almost always look stupid laying there in the dirt :lol:

I agree (with both statements) but you also look stupid lying there in: mud, water, pile of rocks, patch of stinging nettles - or in my case pile of rocks surrounded by stinging nettles.

Only true mountain bikers will get up laughing!!
    <hr>

www.spoony-man.co.uk - the king of all sites (honest)
  • That which does not kill you makes you stronger, as Nietszche said :wink: 8) :wink: ...
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]