Rapha Post-Prologue Ride 7/7@7pm

JWSurrey
JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
Just picked this up on an email - not sure I agree with the encouragement of wearing a cloth cap en lieu of a skid lid!...

http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=314

Was just chatting in Condor - Turns out there was some issue regarding TDF advertising/endorsements, so they (Condor) couldn't have a stand at the event itself!

Comments

• drhaddock
    drhaddock Posts: 664
    You can wear a cap under a helmet you know...

Doc
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    ...and you wear the cap for a free drink (Probably lemonade in a champaign glass [:p])

Just back from the ride (well I'm at work actually!) And it was a ton of fun! :D
    Nice to kick things off in Hyde Park. The atmosphere was positive and cheerful. It is the tour after all!
    There was a very nice short climb that was a welcome pleasure (don't know the name of it!)
    I got lost a few times after stopping to check my camcorder batteries and was asking pedestrians and pub drinkers directions (some with a drink in their hands were not to be trusted!!)
    "Yeah a group of cyclists went that way and left about two minutes ago!! Waitaminute... they turned right!"

It was fantastic and nice how pedestrians were applauding us! 8). Had a great time (nearly 15 miles of fun). Loved it ta bits.
    :D