Where are the boys?? Dont like it on here....

dcp1975
dcp1975 Posts: 739
edited July 2007 in MTB beginners
Where are the boys on this forum? I felt at home on WTB with the same names, Fozzy, Apcmtb, Satch, Sonic, Andy B, Ninj....my mum always told me when i was young not to talk to strangers, and thats what im doing! Where has everyone gone? It doesnt feel the same, when you look at the forum front screen :(

Comments

• truespin
    truespin Posts: 155
    It does seem very quiet here still...

Not many of the regulars from WMB nor many 'new' faces :(

Hopefully it'll pick up again soon once the forum bugs are ironed out
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi David, spot on it does seem very quiet, esp for a combined forum.
  • BRUN
    BRUN Posts: 51
    i think the beginners bit should be nearer the top of the forum

its only due to all the help i got that i ended up buying a bike, and going out on it so much, without the beginners forum on WMB i might never have bought one, down at the bottom of the forum nobody is going to use it

the forum is far too big
  • dcp1975
    You are right it should be at the top, just like it was on the old forum! Teething problems i guess, Andy just want to ask a quickie, The fork on the mongoose is it better or worse than the Tora 302 i have on my hopper? :)
  • Anonymous
    Bearing in mind that the Mongoose is half the price of your RH the Suntour (XCM) that comes on the Mongoose is very smooth, it weighs approx 2.4kg, which is almost exactly the same as the Tora SL that comes on the RH, I'd say its as good a fork, , i.e as smooth and no nasty rebounding
  • dcp1975
    Cheers for that Andy, What about the actual frame is it good for future upgrades? I might get the Shimano XT crank or an upgrade to the brakes, i just hope its as good as the hopper for upgrades with having such a good frame.
  • Satchmo245
    Satchmo245 Posts: 707
    I think part of the problem is that the forum is so damn BIG! However, the names you mentioned, plus a few more, just don't seem to be here anymore :(

I was looking forward to virtually meeting new people, sharing what little knowledge I have and sapping everybody elses :wink: , but I didn't think it would be straight trade!

Ho hum......
  • dcp1975
    Your bike is looking good, new fork and how did you get your cassette soooo clean? lol :o
  • Anonymous
    dcp1975 wrote:
    Cheers for that Andy, What about the actual frame is it good for future upgrades? I might get the Shimano XT crank or an upgrade to the brakes, i just hope its as good as the hopper for upgrades with having such a good frame.

The RH is one of the best frames around, so certainly a lot to live up to, but me or my brother wouldn't hesitate upgrading on his
  • Satchmo245
    Cheers :D

For the cassette I used Hope sh1t shifter cleaner, a chain cleaning tool and an old brush head. You just gotta make sure you also clean the jockey wheels and the chainrings otherwise it just spreads the muck all over your hard work.

I am almost finished on my build, or I was until I was made redundant from work last week. It only needs another £300 spent on it but God knows when I will get a new job to raise the funds to complete it. So near yet so far! It's going to be awesome when it's done!

Hows the sale on fleabay going??
  • dcp1975
    Its going okay i guess....its up to £255 it ends on Monday night, so it should do well im hoping to get £400 for it. As for the cash im going to pay my college fees and put a bit towards getting the Mongoose, i can scrap a little bit more towards getting it. Im planning to keep my next bike for quite a while thats why i was asking about future upgrades.
  • dcp1975
    Cheers again Andy, its good knowing that someone has got one and to know the ins and outs of it. :o
  • Anonymous
    no problem, anytime David, just give me a shout if you need any more info
  • Satchmo245
    dcp1975 wrote:

Essentially the frame is just another component on the bike. Okay, it's a big component but there is nothing stopping you from stripping all your other upgrades and components from it and putting them on a new frame when you feel you have outgrown/outperform it.

As for the fork, the damping is really good and the external rebound works perfectly. Very tunable and tracks the ground well.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I'm here.I think all the WMB'ers are still lurking in the corners..... :lol:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    It's def quiet here, used to be able to post a subject on Whatmtb forum and get plenty of quick replies. I posted a disc brake q on here and it took ages until someone replied.

Also, where is the forum search option!?
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012
  • I lurked at the old site for ages. Now it's moved i'll join in proper like. Promise! :D
  • BRUN
    BRUN Posts: 51
    most of the WMB lot have moved to a new forum
  • pdrolo
    pdrolo Posts: 127
    Gotta agree - bike radar isn't a change for the better - when you first hit the web sites - and then you have click forum, login, navigate to your relevant section, then find your thread - I can see a lot of people not bothering - the forum should be 'bang' - 'in your face'
    Roadie with an MTB

www.cyclestuff.org.uk
  • i agree, never used to have problem getting a few together for ride on cannock chase, now it seems next to impossible, or should i just change deodorant?
    Where'd that bloody Deer appear from?

My Bike plus Cannock Chase: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8222097@N03/492524919/
  • Bunnyman 5.5
    Bunnyman 5.5 Posts: 133
    BRUN wrote:

Some of us are still here, living under the floorboards and scavenging on leftovers :wink::wink: :twisted:
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Its a hell of a lot busier here than the other side lol
  • Diplomat
    Diplomat Posts: 21
    'tis quiet though......
    There’s no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you’ve got your hand or head stuck in something.. especially if you're going fast..
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    BRUN wrote:
    You mean this one?

http://uk-mtb.com/portal.php

I post both here & there (best of both worlds then!), feel free to join in!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Diplomat
    Both..

Although much quieter over there.. in fact "over there" makes it seem really busy "over here".. :wink:
    There’s no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you’ve got your hand or head stuck in something.. especially if you're going fast..
  • Diplomat
    Didn't know about "that one".. :wink:

I was referring to "this one".. http://www.mbr.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php very quiet & takes an age to get a response!

I'll be sure to register with your recommendation forthwith Sir.. cheers! :D