GT Avalanche 3.0 v Mongoose Tyax Elite

dcp1975
dcp1975 Posts: 739
edited July 2007 in MTB beginners
What do people think of this against the impressive Mongoose Tyax Elite for value for money?? £300 tops.

http://www.dalescycles.com/ProductDetai ... Code=14546

:lol:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The Tyax elite still does it for me, just because of the fork
  • dcp1975
    Cheers Andy,

What is wrong with people on here? Its boring on here dont ya think? The atmosphere has changed :(

As for the Mongoose im going to make inroads to buying one pretty soon, go into Manchester next week i think IF there are any left.
  • Anonymous
    No probs,

You are right it does feel weird, just think that the WMB forumites were a far friendlier bunch, much more helpful.

Looking through other threads we are by no means the only ones who feel like this
  • dcp1975
    Think its because before you posted a topic or subject you got an instant reply, its a little slower on here with regards to replies and stuff. Im still in two minds about my RH i know its on ebay but i might just pull the plug at the last minute...i do like it and i just started upgrades, tyres for starters...i dunno my mind is up in the air at the min, my head says get the Mongoose my heart says keep the RH. But then again i need the cash for my college course.
  • Anonymous
    If needs must then I suppose you have no choice, the RH is excellent and anyone would miss one, but if you do have to get the Mongoose, its a very capable bike that will out perform bikes that are more expensive
  • dcp1975
    Yeah and i dont mind throwing around a bike that is more than half the price! You feel as though you can abuse it more if its a little cheaper.
  • Anonymous
    It'll take it as well, very good geometry, not to XC, but not too agressive either
  • dcp1975
    Im going to do, canal paths, delamere forest, derwent valley, no hardcore stuff! your kid's bike looks really good, it looks more expensive than it actually is.
  • Anonymous
    Handle that no problems and even more, I'd confidently say you'd be well pleased should you buy one.