Change of Geometry needed?

lovewales
lovewales Posts: 411
OK

So as some of you may know I came back from Dalby with a fractured wrist (not too bad). It turns out to be a stress fracture and not from the tumble I took - Rode everyday for 6 days normally only ride weekends.

When I ride normally i get pain in said wrist think this is because I have hand on end of bars and wrist sits low compared to knuckles. Was discussing getting wider bars whilst we were there but where do I get advice to get them in correct position?

ie: Do they need to be higher/ further forwards / further back

Any advice appreciated
If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?

Comments

• Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    Very difiicult to say without seeing your position on the bike. It would be better to take your bike into a shop you trust and ask their opinion. They should be able to swap a few bits temporarily to see what 'looks' right if you go on a quiet afternoon. This should then give you a better idea about what needs changing.

Ideal bike position is very difficult for others to judge though as a lot of it is down to personal preferance, but they should be able to get you in the 'ideal' position and then fiddle with things from there (ooo-er missuss).
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • gary_fisher3
    gary_fisher3 Posts: 3,466
    It could be worth changing your position on the bike.

Then again something as simple as running your front fork softer / wearing a gel glove might be all that's needed to reduce the stress in your wrist.
  • I have found a carbon fibre handlebar seems to transmit less vibration through to the wrists. It may of course be purely psychological and a good excuse for gadgets, but it seemed to help.

Marv.
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.