CycleChat.co.uk

Krypton
Krypton Posts: 466
edited July 2007 in Campaign
Hi,

Just a quick post to let you know I've temporarily turned-off the admin approval for new user registration at CycleChat.

It'll mean we get some spam, but it will allow new users to confirm their account details by email and get posting straight away without having to wait for me to approve the account.

I'll leave it off for a couple of days to assist anyone who'd like to give CycleChat a try.

Cheers,
Shaun
--
Stopped smoking, saved a fortune. Started cycling, spent it all!

Comments

• Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    Krypton wrote:
    Hi,

Just a quick post to let you know I've temporarily turned-off the admin approval for new user registration at CycleChat.

It'll mean we get some spam, but it will allow new users to confirm their account details by email and get posting straight away without having to wait for me to approve the account.

I'll leave it off for a couple of days to assist anyone who'd like to give CycleChat a try.

Cheers,
    Shaun

Cheers, I'm in. (Shouldn't have said that as it will put most people off now!)
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    Nice one Shaun.

Are you the mod for the site? You are aware of what you are letting yourself in for aren't you?
    Yeah, I run it from my own dedicated server where I host my web directory Qango.com; and since I don't need to generate revenue from it, I don't need to plaster ads everywhere.

I get a lot of spam-bot registrations, so I might need to disable the self-approval of new users in the coming weeks, but hopefully people will like the layout and if I can get the user numbers up it'll make for a useful resource.

It's not my intention to poach anyone from these forums, just wanted to offer an alternative for those who might prefer a different layout and fewer forums to scroll through.

I'm sure once the teething troubles are out of the way, these forums will work well for the vast majority of users. :)
    --
    Stopped smoking, saved a fortune. Started cycling, spent it all!
  • can't you just have one of those panels where it shows an picture of some obscured letters and the user has to type what the letters are into a box?
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    can't you just have one of those panels where it shows an picture of some obscured letters and the user has to type what the letters are into a box?

It has that already.
  • Cab
    Cab Posts: 770
    Registered over there now, thanks.

With my own name (Cab), which is a plus! :)