how about you?

One word!!!

george

Europe
http://europejibi.googlepages.com

Comments

• gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    I know it is 2 words but poodle itself does not quite do it; Bush's Poodle. If forced to 1 word; liar. He knew the truth but lied to justify the war.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Oh no he didn't!

Only Tory politicians lie.

As New Labour, he was "well meaning, but misguided", or "mistaken" or "acting upon something he passionately believed in"

New Labour soes not "lie"

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    Ostentatiousnewsgrabbingselfcenteredwantingsodespartelyaplaceinhistory.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    Whatever his faults he was more electable than anything the Tories could offer. Michael Howard anyone!!??

I'd rather walk than use Shimano.

ooh Ambassador, with this baby elephant you are really spoiling us!
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • fredmac
    fredmac Posts: 83
    bawbag
  • Melvil
    Melvil Posts: 2,219
    Messimanic

<font color="purple">******************************************************************************</font id="purple">
    <b><font color="green">See</font id="green"><font color="orange"> baby </font id="orange"><font color="blue">Elephants </font id="blue"><font color="red"> and more at</font id="red">:</b> http://www.flickr.com/photos/47331519@N00/
  • Flawed.
  • Bitch.
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    There's no point going on about the Iraq war (the moaning is getting a bit boring now) as wars come and go through history. In any event it gives the Army a chance to keep its hand in, which is nice because it's useful to have an army which is up to the job.

I think one of the worst things Blair has done is to increasingly marginalise parliament. An impotent parliament is not a good thing. He has also degraded and cheapened the office of PM in an American sort of way: inviting sport teams round so he can be photographed with them in an attempt to boost his ratings. Also having correctly identified education as an important national issue, he proceeded to do nothing sensible in that area, thus maintaining stupidity levels which will store up problems for the future.

I was convinced that Brown would lose the next election for Labour. Now I'm not so sure as he may well come across as a down to earth man of conviction in comparison to Blair. That said even he seems to have fallen for nonsensical image grooming. Anybody else noticed that he has suddenly taken to smiling? I wonder if the British will ever again get a PM who generally looks as if he is serious about things?
  • peterbr
    peterbr Posts: 2,076
    You mean messianic, Melvil?

That would fit now he's just finished giving the Pope advice on spiritual matters.

I'll miss Tony only for the "dead ringers" sketches. "starey eyes, angry blad-patch".

I think "tragedy" is the only word to describe him. The trouble with Blair is the long-term seeds of disaster he's sown on so many fronts. The tragedy is he won't be around to cop the flak.

On the domestic front, he's bought short-term stability with a huge debt bubble - I really wonder if people understand that Labour's spending is actually on a similar scale to the reconstruction after WWII which we only finished paying for last year. PFI bonds not only us but our children and grandchildren into the hire/purchase of public infrastructure. And for what in return? He's destabilised the middle-east with Bush just as nuclear weapons technlogy is becoming a reality in the region. He's devolved the constituent nations of the Uk with a settlement so unbalanced it could easily tear the nation apart.

<hr noshade size="1">
    "Europe's nations should be guided towards a superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation"
    Jean Monnet, founding father of the EU.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    "Europe\'s nations should be guided towards a superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation"
    Jean Monnet, founding father of the EU.