135 mm fixed hub recommendations

Unknown
edited December 1969 in Road general
Are there any 135 hubs that people would recomment apart from Goldtech and On-One?

Also, does anyone know if there are any London shops that stock On-One hubs, or would I have to go mail-order?

Cheers

Comments

• monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    You could try Geoffrey Butler in Croydon as they're Planet-X dealers
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    There's also the Level hubs from Hub Jub and Paul's Components
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Monty Dog</i>

There's also the Level hubs from Hub Jub and Paul's Components
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Would rather steer clear of Level if possible - can't see the advantages of that sprocket system, and can't see it being around in years to come either.

As it turns out, I might need a 130 hub anyway - does anyone know what my options are there?
  • i have been running a Kogswell which has done me proud. don't think Hubjub do them anymore though

Jonny
    FGG #2545 & #2983
    Jonny

FGG 2545, 2983
  • FixedBear
    FixedBear Posts: 9
    Phil Wood Kiss-Off ............. bl**dy lovely
  • Black Keith
    Black Keith Posts: 224
    phils or goldtec

Do Condor, or anyone else in london stock them?
  • richteacp
    richteacp Posts: 1,137
    If it's a 130mm you need then IRO hubs are good and affordable.

<font size="1">--
    esta elefante del beb‚ me molesta</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">--
    esta elefante del beb‚ me molesta</font id="size1">
  • spin-cycle
    spin-cycle Posts: 395
  • Surly also do the fixer. A neat way of converting a Shimano freehub to fixed. They're not cheap, but if you have a nice wheelset it's an easier conversion than building a whole new wheel, or lacing a new hub to your existing rim. Especially since sods law dictates that you will need to replace half your spokes.