Di Luca now

Phil Scp
Phil Scp Posts: 2,525
edited June 2007 in Pro race
DdL has been summoned to by the Italian Olympic Committee's anti-doping team on 5th July - where does this all end?

Comments

• ashbyalien
    ashbyalien Posts: 609
    you're kidding?

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • ashbyalien
    at this rate we'll have either a british or french tdf winner

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • Chris42
    Chris42 Posts: 809
    where you seen this??

must ride hills must ride hills!
    delete me from this crap forum
  • ashbyalien
    and my favourite rider, leonardo piepoli.

AND, eurosport reports iban mayo tested positive for testosterone (but apparantly produces loads, naturally)

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ashbyalien</i>

at this rate we'll have either a british or french tdf winner

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Or American. Or Australian. Doesn't matter - they're all the same to duffers...
  • Mayo has been cleared. Its not exogenous.

Piepoli is in the same boat as Petacchi.

The HMS Fooked.

TdG
  • Radsman
    Radsman Posts: 122
    DiLuca is involved a scandal many years ago which is finally seeing the light of day... besides he wasn't planning on riding the TDF.
  • Phil Scp
    Phil Scp Posts: 2,525
    Cycling: Giro D'Italia winner Di Luca summoned to anti-doping hearing

ROME, June 28, 2007 (AFP) - Giro D'Italia winner Danilo Di Luca was on Thursday summoned to appear before the Italian Olympic Committee's (CONI) anti-doping prosecutor on July 5 over his alleged relationship with a doctor suspected of supplying athletes with doping products.
    Doctor Carlo Santuccione is under investigation by a public prosecutor in Florence for allegedly trafficking banned substances to several top Italian sportsmen, including former world champion pole vaulter Giuseppe Gibilisco.
    Italian police have been investigating Santuccione since 2003.
    The 31-year-old Di Luca, who rides for the Liquigas team on the ProTour, also won the prestigious Liege-Bastogne-Liege race this year.
  • Along with his "bizarre blood values", it ain't looking good for the Killer
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    What a screwed up sport. Every year, we think we have turned the corner and then surprise, surprise another one. I wonder if you can bet on the winner of TdF 2007 getting caught within the year. I suspect the odds will be evens or worse.
  • I am jacks complete lack of suprise.

You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Couldn't care less about him; he's on my personal list of "banned" riders I take no interest in whatsoever.

<font size="1"><font color="blue">Half man</font id="blue">, <i><font color="green"> Half bike</font id="green"></i></font id="size1">
    Half man, Half bike
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ridgerider</i>

Couldn't care less about him; he's on my personal list of "banned" riders I take no interest in whatsoever.

<font size="1"><font color="blue">Half man</font id="blue">, <i><font color="green"> Half bike</font id="green"></i></font id="size1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I presume you dont watch much pro cycling then ? If you do then i dont see how you could watch the Giro or LBL and not take an interest in the winner.

MG

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Only got Freeview, and I cannot work out when ITV4(?) show any of the races.

Anyway, I'm a cyclingnews "live coverage on now" follower.

Half man, Half bike
  • caught on camera it seems

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun29news

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    That should make it hard to deny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy