why hasn't millar signed

hot rod
hot rod Posts: 412
edited June 2007 in Pro race
i was just wondering why david millar hasn't signed the anti-doping charter Surely he the man who says he's so clean would be one of the first to sign up?
i'll step back know [;)]

Comments

• TheBigOne
    TheBigOne Posts: 99
    hmmm alot of them who talk the talk dont appear to be walking the walk..,

give him the benifit of the doubtm he could be away trianign somewhere at the mo.. but yes, i was thinking the same...
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Team pressures?
    UCI slow to update their website?

Why hasn't Brad McGee signed?

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

<font size="1">Pink Bananarama!!
    ContrelaMontre 352
    Noodley 314</font id="size1">

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I would imagine that a lot of the riders won't sign until they get to London, just because it's more convenient.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 is probably right. Can't be team pressure not to sign, cos Simoni already has.
  • give the guy a break!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichN95</i>

I would imagine that a lot of the riders won't sign until they get to London, just because it's more convenient.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There's a PDF on the UCI website. I've just signed up Floyd Landis, Ivan Basso and Pete Doherty.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Which is exactly why they may prefer to do it in person (and have it witnessed)
  • Maybe he recognises it for the load of crapppp it is. An arse covering excercise by the UCI to shift the blame in its entirety on the riders.

I think Verbrughen should lose 15 years of his salary during the time that he allowed EPO and worse to pollute the peloton.

TdG
  • hot rod
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichN95</i>

and get more press coverage for signing [;)]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Timoid</i>

Maybe he recognises it for the load of crapppp it is. An arse covering excercise by the UCI to shift the blame in its entirety on the riders.

You're such a cynic - Signing papers promising not to dope is going to stop people doing dubious things. T-Mobile did it with Ullrich last year and .... oh yeah...

Agree once again - I may have to buy you a pint in Londres.
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Timoid</i>

Maybe he recognises it for the load of crapppp it is. An arse covering excercise by the UCI to shift the blame in its entirety on the riders.

I think Verbrughen should lose 15 years of his salary during the time that he allowed EPO and worse to pollute the peloton.

And arsing about with the hour record...and the lightness and dimensions of bikes.

I'd rather walk than use Shimano.

A pulse, the whole world has a pulse...and now so does a baby elephant.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    I think it's very unlikely Millar will not sign considering that ASO have now said that only those that have will be allowed to start in the TdF!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • fruitcp
    fruitcp Posts: 1
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hot rod</i>

i was just wondering why david millar hasn't signed the anti-doping charter Surely he the man who says he's so clean would be one of the first to sign up?
    i'll step back know [;)]

You would have thought that someone who publicly stated that he wanted to give a good example in the field of clean sport would have been at the front of the queue. Maybe his pen is lost in a hollowed out book!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to se Brad Wiggins stuff Millar at the weekend ;o)
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iainf72</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Timoid</i>

You're such a cynic - Signing papers promising not to dope is going to stop people doing dubious things. T-Mobile did it with Ullrich last year and .... oh yeah...

Agree once again - I may have to buy you a pint in Londres.

I'll take you up on that.

I just find it amazing that people still view drug taking riders as naughty schoolboys and the teams and the UCI as the teachers constantly duped and that the bad old days are somehow behind them.

TdG
  • Interesting comments from Bruyneel.

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=182931

He sounds slightly like he's realising that it can't continue like it has done.
  • If you have read other pages only a few of the riders have signed the form......God sake can you little englanders not get a life and give the guy a break...what do you want ! do you want him to stand on the steps of 10 downing street and show the world him signing it ? we all make mistakes.....as for some of you hope wiggins stuffs millar ??? i see your turning this into a England v Scotland thing.....should we not want them both to win the prologue ?? ...at least some of us can see past our bigoted coloured specs...i suspect Fabian Cancellara will romp the prologue
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    I'll take you up on that.

I just find it amazing that people still view drug taking riders as naughty schoolboys and the teams and the UCI as the teachers constantly duped and that the bad old days are somehow behind them.

TdG

Aye, It's a bit frustrating that the riders are being made to solely carry the can for this, I'd imagine there's quite a few who were bullied into doping by their DS. The federations are to blame too, for not protecting younger riders. Anecdotal evidence suggests doping was rife in amateur cycling in France during the '90's.

Danger ! Men at work
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kellys heroes</i>

as for some of you hope wiggins stuffs millar ??? i see your turning this into a England v Scotland thing.....should we not want them both to win the prologue ?? ...at least some of us can see past our bigoted coloured specs...i suspect Fabian Cancellara will romp the prologue

I want Wiggins to win because hes not a doper whatever you say Millars still been part of the doping clan. (stands back)
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by guv001</i>
    I want Wiggins to win because hes not a doper whatever you say Millars still been part of the doping clan. (stands back)

You know he's not a doper, do you? Or you *think* he's not a doper?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by guv001</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kellys heroes</i>

as for some of you hope wiggins stuffs millar ??? i see your turning this into a England v Scotland thing.....should we not want them both to win the prologue ?? ...at least some of us can see past our bigoted coloured specs...i suspect Fabian Cancellara will romp the prologue

It must be incredibly dull for you, living in a world where everything is either black or white.
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skut</i>
    I want Wiggins to win because hes not a doper <b>whatever you say Millars still been part of the doping clan.</b> (stands back)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skut</i>
    It must be incredibly dull for you, living in a world where everything is either black or white.

Err....

Danger ! Men at work
  • hot rod
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kellys heroes</i>

If you have read other pages only a few of the riders have signed the form......God sake can you little englanders not get a life and give the guy a break...what do you want ! do you want him to stand on the steps of 10 downing street and show the world him signing it ? we all make mistakes.....as for some of you hope wiggins stuffs millar ??? i see your turning this into a England v Scotland thing.....should we not want them both to win the prologue ?? ...at least some of us can see past our bigoted coloured specs...i suspect Fabian Cancellara will romp the prologue
    calm down [;)]
    you might upset a few people soon
    i was just making the point that david millar has been so vocal about doping you would have expexted him to be one of the first to sign up
  • ..Well after the Dauphine Wiggins looks in top form, it'd be amazing to see him win.
    By the way, David Millar's got a column in our free Tour guide, coming out with the Guardian on Monday 2nd July. - Should be a good read

C, The Guardian

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fruit</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hot rod</i>

i'll step back know [;)]

You would have thought that someone who publicly stated that he wanted to give a good example in the field of clean sport would have been at the front of the queue. Maybe his pen is lost in a hollowed out book!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to se Brad Wiggins stuff Millar at the weekend ;o)

C, The Guardian

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cycleone</i>
    Should be an interesting read

C, The Guardian<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree it <i><b>should </b></i>be - shame you're not more emphatic that it <b><i>will </i></b>be !

why is it sunny all week yet rains at weekends ?
  • Ok Andy, it WILL be an interesting read!

C

Millar's now signed.