Blair's new job...

Melvil
Melvil Posts: 2,219
edited July 2007 in Campaign
...so he will be a middle east envoy, according to recent reports.

Is this a long delayed 'April Fools' or would it actually have a chance of working?

<font color="purple">******************************************************************************</font id="purple">
<b><font color="green">See</font id="green"><font color="orange"> baby </font id="orange"><font color="blue">Elephants </font id="blue"><font color="red"> and more at</font id="red">:</b> http://www.flickr.com/photos/47331519@N00/

Comments

• If he had sacked Gordon as he was going to in 2005, according to the Independent, we could still be stuck with him.

http://murl.se/26064

Looks like he is going to work for the Quartet.USA, Europe, Russia and the UN
    http://murl.se/26063

A few "grumbles from Europe" to overcome though.

george

2 Bikes
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/imjibi/Bikes
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    He's obviously after the Nobel Peace Prize. He reckons that if he can add a middle eastern scalp to his Northern Irelan one, then he's in with a good shout. Should he pull it off, he will then inevitably push for the boss of the UN job (which IMO should be filled by Boris Johnson). I'd not be in favour of Blair getting that job but I suppose it would have the novelty of having someone taking it who had a name which one could actually pronounce.
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    Am I alone in thinking that offering this job to Blair is a bit like asking Hitler to sort out a dispute between Poland and Belgium, in terms of tact, if nothing else...?

If only he'd decided to stick with Northern Ireland as a legacy. That seems to be working (although I've always suspected that was down to Mo Mowlem, banging heads together... Probably literally [;)])

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    i thought Blair was keeping his existing job as Bush's poodle.

i fancy Boris Johnson for a cabinet post under Brown.

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    Now that the haemoraging from Tory to Labour has begun.

• ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

i thought Blair was keeping his existing job as Bush's poodle.

i fancy Boris Johnson for a cabinet post under Brown.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No, for maximum entertainment value the roles would have to be reversed. Can you imgaine the dour, puritan Brown tearing his hair out after a cabinet meeting chaired by the flamboyant, cavalier Boris?
  • Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    Arse-wiper for the rich and (in)famous?
    Discount for cleb-plebs
    [xx(]

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arch</i>

Am I alone in thinking that offering this job to Blair is a bit like asking Hitler to sort out a dispute between Poland and Belgium, in terms of tact, if nothing else...?

If only he'd decided to stick with Northern Ireland as a legacy. That seems to be working (although I've always suspected that was down to Mo Mowlem, banging heads together... Probably literally [;)])

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I with Arch on this one. I find it deeply worrying that a man with his record and opinions can have any credibility in the Middle East. His pro Israeli, anti Palestinian position, his willingness to use force when diplomacy had not been concluded and his abvious pro-Bush positioning. I predict a worsening situation in the Middle East when out Tone gets his teeth into the problem.

Personally, I would prefer his next appointment as a defendant at a Hague War Crimes tribunal.
  • bof
    bof Posts: 372
    Just how many bodyguards will the guy need.
    The artist formally known as boring old fart
  • marinyork
    marinyork Posts: 271
    I'd have thought Ankev is right. Blair fancies a Nobel Peace Prize. With never ending list of ridiculous nominations and winners down the decades I'd have thought he'll be a very safe bet to win one too.

The laugh about Blair being a peace envoy is that even he's probably seen as too pro-palestinian by the Israeli Military. I too would like to see Blair on trial for his five wars.
  • jackhunt
    jackhunt Posts: 49
    As Littlejohn would say "You couldn't make it up"
  • Melvil
    Melvil Posts: 2,219
    Now that's an idea...send Littlejohn as a peace envoy!! :roll:
  • Oldmacdonald
    Oldmacdonald Posts: 926
    ankev1 wrote:
    He's obviously after the Nobel Peace Prize. He reckons that if he can add a middle eastern scalp to his Northern Irelan one, then he's in with a good shout. Should he pull it off, he will then inevitably push for the boss of the UN job (which IMO should be filled by Boris Johnson). I'd not be in favour of Blair getting that job but I suppose it would have the novelty of having someone taking it who had a name which one could actually pronounce.

You can't pronounce Koffi Annan?

A lot of Irishmen I have spoken to recently have told me of the instability of the peace in Northern Ireland at the moment. I can't comment myself, but they did not think the peace was going to last for decent length of time.
    I am however, willing to stand corrected.

Daily Politics Show today, Boris was tipped to be considering standing against Ken Livingstone for Mayor of London.
  • Ratkilla
    Ratkilla Posts: 230
    Blair as a peace envoy to the middle east is like putting a convicted child molester in charge of an orphanage.
    He's not exactly unbiased when it comes to his opinions either: Israel bomb the sh*t out of Lebanon last year and Blair says precisely nothing. If such dreadful acts are not condemned then one can only assume that they are tacitly condoned.

And as for Northern Ireland that was all down to Mo Mowlam and there is no way that PhonyBoy can take the credit for any of it. I know because I was there.