Flashest kit on show @ Dragon Ride

Sorry folks, couldn't resist this anorak thread.

Top bikes IMHO riding past me very, very fastly on the Dragon Ride:

(1) Mercian - lugged, red/white, Reynolds weheels, lush.

(2) De Rosa Team - silver/black with yellow tyres - the dogs

(3) Look 5?5 - the white one. Mint. (All the other Looks there were pretty nice, too)

Runners-up prizes to the other Monoc riders there, especially the chap with the only other banana-yellow Monoc. Respec'.

Comments

• A was on a white Look 595[:I], so it could have been me you saw (black tights[B)], red jersey)?

Apart from my own steed[:D], I saw a couple of nice Cervelo's, a BMC and a new Orbea Orca. The titanium Merlin and Seven also looked smart.

Some very nice bikes about, thats for sure

Rich
  • Gran E. Gear
    Gran E. Gear Posts: 423
    The Kuotas looked good, too.
  • BlackandBlue
    BlackandBlue Posts: 1,467
    I saw the Orca - v nice.

I also saw a limited edition 10th anniversary paint job Storck scenario.[:p]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BlackandBlue</i>

I saw the Orca - v nice.

I also saw a limited edition 10th anniversary paint job Storck scenario.[:p]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've got the new Orca, Cream/Black...rides like a dream....had it on the Polkadot...got many ,many compliments...it really is a lovely bike....best looking machine I seen on the Polkadot(aprt from mine[;)]) was a smashing Black Pinerello Prince...it was gorgeous.
  • Hehe, I was on a Seven, chinese guy in a yellow long sleeve jersey. Doubt it was mine you saw though as mine would not win an beauty contests (workmanlike components and wheels, permanently covered in grime & sports drink crust etc). There was a very nice Seve Elium that I saw someone else riding.

There was one bloke on a very nice looking carbon frame who's name I can't remember, not very descriptive, I know, but his seatpost had snapped off, so you'll know who I'm talking about if you saw him.

Yup, the new shape Orca is a peach too.
  • g3nzo
    g3nzo Posts: 10
    The black Pinarello f4:13 was gorgeous, also saw a Cervelo which looked nice in blue.
    As usual i had one of the cr@ppiest bikes. I keep telling my missus this fact so that i can spend stupid money on a dream machine...she doesn't share my shame :)
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Slightly off the topic, who else saw the guy on the start line trying to borrow a pump to pump his flat rear tyre? Talk about well prepared!!
    He borrowed a mini pump, I told him that would be useless for getting enough air for entire ride.
    They all set off and he went to ride off with about 10psi in hius tyre!!
    I do not know if he made it [:D]

Feel free to browse and donate:
    http://www.justgiving.com/davidbethanmills
    My winter and summer bike pics

http://oldwelshman.myphotoalbum.com
  • Mingsta did you ride with a small group of about 6 off the extra loop and into the 3rd feed station. It got slightly organised for about 20 minutes.
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    I was chatting to bloke on a carbon Colnago with a pair of Lightweights on it.
  • snipz
    snipz Posts: 85
    Yeah...I saw the guy with the Lightweights. Was gonna ride my new Boras but with the weather predicted to be so crap I stuck with my Eurus instead. Saw a nice pair of Corima Aero's with Tune hubs ridden by some small fella who looked like he was on a 48cm frame.
    Also saw bloke with flat rear...everyone was telling him to go the Tredz setup for a track pump, he obviously ignored the advice!
  • There was a very nice Vroomen-White carbon frame out - I assume that was a P3 prototype?

I struggled round on my CR6/4.
  • ed_m
    ed_m Posts: 131
    i kept coming across a chap wearing a rapha wind/waterproof... and thinking oooh you don't want to wear that it'll get all wet & dirty ;-)

<center><font color="blue"><font size="1">____________________
    www.ultrarunner.co.uk
    </font id="size1"></font id="blue"></center>
    www.ultrarunner.co.uk
  • BlackandBlue
    BlackandBlue Posts: 1,467
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ed_m</i>

i kept coming across a chap wearing a rapha wind/waterproof... and thinking oooh you don't want to wear that it'll get all wet & dirty ;-)

www.ultrarunner.co.uk
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

At least it would clean up. After my fall, I have torn grand tour gloves, shredded arm warmers, ripped gilet and tears in my sportwool jersey. [V]