TDF in London - commentator at start and finish?

vinofan
vinofan Posts: 5
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Has it been decided yet who will commentate and introduce the riders to the public at the start and finish in London and Kent? Hope it is the French guy, in French, so we get the 100% experience.
This season I be mostly wearing cyan.

Comments

• Michuel
    Michuel Posts: 269
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vinofan</i>

Has it been decided yet who will commentate and introduce the riders to the public at the start and finish in London and Kent? Hope it is the French guy, in French, so we get the 100% experience.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's certain to keep cycling a low profile sport only for afficionados. Bearing in mind its drugs history maybe it should be.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Get Steve Coogan to do it as Alan Partridge.

Oh wait a sec, there's Duffers, of course.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Duffers!!! for the complete cycling experience!! lol

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • Ashley_R
    Ashley_R Posts: 408
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by giant man</i>

Duffers!!! for the complete cycling experience!! lol

SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.

He baffles people who understand cycling, think what effect he'd have on the rest of the non-cycling public [:I]

You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead
    You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead
  • vinofan
    To Ricadus and Giant Man - Please, no, not Duffers, he would be even less intelligible for the average Brit cycling fan than 'Daniel what's his name'. It has to be someone who can actually recognise riders, say a bit about them and keep the crowd entertained. I can't imagine any of our commentators doing it justice, having experienced the brilliant non-stop commentary at the French starts.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Daniel Mangeas
  • Duffers it is then!!
  • mangaman
    mangaman Posts: 704
    Got to be Daniel Mangeas surely! I can't speak a lot of French but his commentary is easy enough to understand. At least he can recognise / pronounce all the riders.

Also I was wandering about the tour caravan
    I found it pretty surreal watching all those floats with strange bits of tat being thrown at the crowd. Presumably London and Kent will have the same endless procession of obscure French cheese manufacturers and insurance companies advertising themselves.

I hope so - otherwise it wouldn't be the TDF

<font size="5"><b><font color="blue">|</font id="blue"><font color="red">|</font id="red"><font color="black">|</font id="black"><font color="yellow">|</font id="yellow"><font color="green">|</font id="green"></b></font id="size5">
  • drhaddock
    drhaddock Posts: 664
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ricadus</i>

Get Steve Coogan to do it as Alan Partridge.

Oh wait a sec, there's Duffers, of course.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">

I'm up for the Partridge.
    Check him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wKAWuDvnow

Doc
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
  • vinofan
    Sorry, but I don't want to become comatose before they all get signed on! Mangeas in French still gets my vote.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zimzum42</i>

The geordie guy that does the VO for Big Brother?

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    Does Daniel Mangeas speak English? If so, then having someone with his knowledge speaking English but with a strong French accent would be a good compromise; good for the atmosphere for the casual fan whilst still being understandable but knowledgable for the afficionados.
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Ant & Dec?

22nd March can't come soon enough, neither can 26th May 2007

Carbon Footprint what Carbon Footprint?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • johndf
    johndf Posts: 250
    Maybe it'll be that moron who did BBC sports personality of the year and gave Nicole such a great opportunity to discuss crashes. I'm still seething about it!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    My vote would go to Sid Waddell.
  • Murray Walker.

tea is good
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Anyone remember who did it in dublin or brighton ? I cant remember hearing any to be honest but we were not hanging round the start village. presentation is on friday and there will def be an english speaker there - otherwise it would be mad !