Ken Livinstone to announce London Ride

following the tour Ken today will announce details of a ride (in September?!) through London, on totally CLOSED ROADS[8D]

more details to follow today (Tuesday) but I bet it doesnt go anywhere near Eastway[}:)][:(!]

Oh well something 'local' to look forward to...

Comments

• http://www.londonfreewheel.com/event/event_details.asp

On the 8th day God made a bicycle, and he saw that it was good. (actually personally he thought it was his best invention yet)
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
    I hope they announce the date soon, booking leave can be a nightmare when you work weekends.........

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • drhaddock
    drhaddock Posts: 664
    Well. Sounds a bit better than the 'Bike Fest' (yawnfest) of previous years!

Doc
  • drhaddock
    drhaddock Posts: 664
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zimzum42</i>

I hope they announce the date soon, booking leave can be a nightmare when you work weekends.........

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sunday 23 September
    http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_rel ... seid=12530

Doc
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    September 23rd
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    Yippeeeee! Oh I'll be there.[8D]

The New York event.
    Did the announcer in Central Park say "...you only have <b>38 </b>miles to go!"? Sounds like fun![:D]

i've registered

<font size="1">"When the earth is ripe all the worms wake up, with their stars 'n' stripes and their swastikas"
    "I may not go to heaven, i hope you go to hell" </font id="size1">
    <font>"When the earth is ripe all the worms wake up, with their stars \'n\' stripes and their swastikas"
    "I may not go to heaven, i hope you go to hell" </font>
  • for once i feel like i would'nt p**s on mayor ken if he was on fire after reading his efforts for this ride...theres always tommorow though.[:D]

dangerous jules.
    i'm thinking of buying one of them elephants to do my washing...do they eat alot?
    dangerous jules.
  • that New York ride is awesome, every April or May they shut the roads for Most of New York and give it to the cyclists for the day - 1000's attend, you pay something like $50 to start at the front if you want a fast ride round..., and yes it is about 5 times longer than London will be...
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    The New York Mayday ride( or nearest Sunday!) now fills ups quick..They take over the New York Amsterdam Youth hostel near central Park in its entirety that weekend.You can book a Hostel,Meals and ride package from there if you want to go on it.Its also where you register for the ride ..It would be great if they would bring something similar to London.Last year we had the Bridges of London bike ride for Charity organised/assisted by Bike events of Bath..but I ain't seen anything similar this year

jc
    jc
  • pauluscp
    pauluscp Posts: 2,530
    I have signed up, it could be good fun. It's only nine miles long but with many cyclists there it could be a hoot.

So many roads, so little time!!!
    So many roads, so little time!!!
  • overmars
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jc4lab</i>

The New York Mayday ride( or nearest Sunday!) now fills ups quick..They take over the New York Amsterdam Youth hostel near central Park in its entirety that weekend.You can book a Hostel,Meals and ride package from there if you want to go on it.Its also where you register for the ride ..It would be great if they would bring something similar to London.Last year we had the Bridges of London bike ride for Charity organised/assisted by Bike events of Bath..but I ain't seen anything similar this year

jc
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm impressed. When can you apply to join this ride?
  • overmars
    I've signed up for the London.

I'm interested in the New York one. I've looked on the five boro website but that one seems more like a club.
    But just Googled another site and the next ride is May 4 2008. Registration is winter 2008.

Seems well organised. Lots of bike friendly hotels as well.