All Drivers Speed

Bobby Lightcycles
Bobby Lightcycles Posts: 38
edited June 2007 in Campaign
If you drive regularly, and you could swear on oath that you never, ever speed, please say so in this thread.

If you drive regularly, and you could swear on oath that you speed fewer than four times every three years, please say so in this thread.

If you are a troll, who never posts anything of substance and just calls other people trolls, please don't say anything in this thread.

Ta muchly.

--
BOBBY LIGHTCYCLES MCFADDEN
ROAD SAFETY EXPERT

Comments

• linfordlunchbox
    linfordlunchbox Posts: 4,834
    I know a man who would [;)]

"I\'d clean my car with a baby elephant - if I had a baby elephant !"
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    Do us a favour and pi<i></i>ss off, Mr Lightcycles...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Do us a favour and pi<i></i>ss off, Mr Lightcycles...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Why? Because I disagree with you? Because you can't answer my points and you would rather cling to the simplistic notion that "speed kills", whether or not it's true and defensible, for nothing more than silly juvenile anti-car reasons?

If you don't like what's in this thread, you don't have to read it. You knew the author and the content before you clicked on it. All I want is a reasonable discussion. So <b>you</b> pi<i></i>ss off.

--
    ROAD SAFETY EXPERT
    WHY DOES SPINDRIFT NEVER ANSWER QUESTIONS?
  • Flying_Monkey
    This also belongs in Campaign along with all discussions of road safety. It is just trying to spread a tedious campaign for its own amusement. We've heard it all before and dealt with all the arguments. Frankly, if our guests are not actually interested in making the roads safer for cyclists, they're in the wrong place, and they know it.

Besides we're obviously all 'silly' and 'juvenile' and prone to 'simplistic notion' because we don't immediately agree with it, so why does it bother?

Conclusion: troll.

No discussion with trolls.

The pledge applies.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

That I got no cerebellum
  • _Bonj_
    _Bonj_ Posts: 39
    I don't much, and only when it's safe.
  • _Bonj_
    _Bonj_ Posts: 39
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

This also belongs in Campaign along with all discussions of road safety. It is just trying to spread a tedious campaign for its own amusement. We've heard it all before and dealt with all the arguments. Frankly, if our guests are not actually interested in making the roads safer for cyclists, they're in the wrong place, and they know it.

Besides we're obviously all 'silly' and 'juvenile' and prone to 'simplistic notin' because we don't immediately agree with it, so why does it bother?

Conclusion: troll.

No discussion with trolls.

The pledge applies.
    Doesn't agree with speed limits - <i>therefore</i>, troll.
  • Flying_Monkey
    Ah, well at least the forum's resident buffoon, bonj will take the bait, I am sure Mr Lightcycles is most gratified.

Actually, if you two would just stay on this thread and tell each other how wonderful you both are, that would be nice...

That I got no cerebellum
  • Still waiting for the mythical "driver that doesn't speed". So far, it appears that all drivers are "criminals" by definition according to some of us.

Crying_Monkey, I didn't say that all people that believed "speed kills" were silly or juvenile. I said that people who actively refuse to consider contrary evidence, because they <i>want</i> to believe that speed kills (due to their pride, agenda, politics or whatever), are silly and juvenile. Like you, for example, immediately telling people to "pi<i></i>ss off" and calling them "buffoons" as soon as they put forward anti-"speed kills" arguments. "La la la, not listening". You don't care if cameras make the roads safer, because you like them, and that's that. That's definitely silly and juvenile, and those are kind words compared with "callous", "murderous" and "bas<i></i>tard".

I'm going to ignore all further posts of yours. All you do is distract from the matter in hand, and I'm sure that's intentional. Even Spindrift occasionally pretends to address relevant points.

--
    ROAD SAFETY EXPERT
    WHY WON'T SPINDRIFT ANSWER QUESTIONS?
    FLYING MONKEY IS A TROLL AND I WILL IGNORE HIS POSTS
  • pzycoman
    pzycoman Posts: 285
    My brother never ever speeds when he drives, hes the most careful driver I know...

But tbh, please FOAD Mr Lightcycles.
    Professional Kitten Huffer
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bobby Lightcycles</i>

If you drive regularly, and you could swear on oath that you never, ever speed, please say so in this thread.

If you drive regularly, and you could swear on oath that you speed fewer than four times every three years, please say so in this thread.

If you are a troll, who never posts anything of substance and just calls other people trolls, please don't say anything in this thread.

Ta muchly.

--
    <font color="red">ROAD SAFETY EXPERT</font id="red"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Do you mean `Speed` as in driving at a faster speed than me (on my bike @ 12mph), or do you mean `Excede the posted speed limit whilst driving a motor vehicle? [}:)]

Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • ian_oli
    ian_oli Posts: 763
    Bobby Lightcycles you lay claim to being a road safety expert. Would you care to verify that claim - for instance by listing your qualifications, experience, published research etc.
  • Flying_Monkey
    La la la, not listening. [;)]

That I got no cerebellum
  • pzycoman
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

La la la

Ooh im listening to that tune aswell!

Come on guys, what do you think I should have for lunch today?
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077

La la la, not listening. [;)]

FM

Isn't your tag line a little harsh on the frail or elderly?
  • Flying_Monkey
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

Yes, terrible. Perhaps you should complain to Mr Franklin about his comments...

That I got no cerebellum
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

Yes, terrible. Perhaps you should complain to Mr Franklin about his comments...

Isn't he the guy who starred in the original Schweppes ads? I thought he was dead?
  • Flying_Monkey
    Isn't he the guy who starred in the original Schweppes ads? I thought he was dead?

Well, he's not going to be able to answer you back then... [;)]

That I got no cerebellum
  • Pringlecp
    Pringlecp Posts: 771
    I used to speed, but now that I'm older, and its become relatively cheaper, I always find cocaine better - does that answer your question?

Another year older, another Budweiser
    Another year older, another Budweiser
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Sabrina Franklyn, his daughter, mmmm:

http://members.fortunecity.com/noops280 ... yn0015.jpg
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    Young Boggy's problem is that he's a troll who isn't the least provocative. I take Cometgirl's point, but I think that our real cause for complaint is that our resident troll is a boring fool, and the newcomer is even more boring. It makes one yearn for the swissies - at least there was an unwitting surreal humour about their posts.

Even the unpleasant types are failing us. Simoncp is descending into maudlin and repetitive rants about taxation (the BBC and education being his pet peeve)s and he now reminds me of nobody so much as Gollum guarding his precious. peterbr has given up.

And Rothbrook and Patrick are mates, falling over to apologise to each other. Linford likes cyclists. What's more I truly like Ankev1 - and I've always liked spire, but like him more than ever since he's gone all reasonable on us. Has Future put something in the water?
  • i'm 23, i dont speed, i stick to the speed limits.

admittedly, there have been times when i've glanced down to check my speed and found myself 5mph over, at which point i ease off and let the speed drop back to what it should be.

this includes sticking to the lower limits when driving mini busses (50mph on single track roads, 60mph on duel carrageways etc)
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Frankly, if our guests are not actually interested in making the roads safer for cyclists, they're in the wrong place, and they know it.

I'm sure you meant making the roads safer for <i>everyone</i>, didn't you Monkey?[;)]

Wheelies ARE cool.
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>

Young Boggy's problem is that he's a troll who isn't the least provocative. I take Cometgirl's point, but I think that our real cause for complaint is that our resident troll is a boring fool, and the newcomer is even more boring. It makes one yearn for the swissies - at least there was an unwitting surreal humour about their posts.

Even the unpleasant types are failing us. Simoncp is descending into maudlin and repetitive rants about taxation (the BBC and education being his pet peeve)s and he now reminds me of nobody so much as Gollum guarding his precious. peterbr has given up.

And Rothbrook and Patrick are mates, falling over to apologise to each other. Linford likes cyclists. What's more I truly like Ankev1 - and I've always liked spire, but like him more than ever since he's gone all reasonable on us. Has Future put something in the water?

I guess the regulars have just got used to each other and people are happier if they are getting on, with a bit of light debate thrown in, rather than fighting.
    Either that, or people have just realised it is just a pretty insignificant forum!
  • Flying_Monkey
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MattBlackBigBoysBMX</i>

I'm sure you meant making the roads safer for <i>everyone</i>, didn't you Monkey?[;)]

No, not really. I'll give you pedestrians and the disabled too, of course, but no, I'm interested in the vulnerable not those already cocooned in steel and plastic...

That I got no cerebellum
    Gonna get my Ph.D.
    I'm a teenage lobotomy

That I got no cerebellum
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    If you post regularly, and you could swear on oath that you never, ever troll, please say so in this thread.

If you post regularly, and you could swear on oath that you troll fewer than four times every three years, please say so in this thread.

If you are a por camera speedophile, who never posts anything of substance and just calls other people trolls, please don't say anything in this thread.

Ta muchly.

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cunobelin</i>

Hello

Pete
    (Not reckless, just fast)
  • pzycoman
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pringle</i>

I used to speed, but now that I'm older, and its become relatively cheaper, I always find cocaine better - does that answer your question?

I like the nose candy too [8D][;)]
  • I speed when i'm driving, and if i've not got any i just smoke hash [}:)]

<font size="1"><b><font color="red">Stay out of Camberwick Green</font id="red"></b></font id="size1">
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    That's it Ivancarlos, You may be in Camberwick Green, but I know just the person to sort you out..

PC McGarry

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • drossall
    drossall Posts: 21
    I don't speed. Similar qualifications to Random Vince - occasionally caught myself a few mph over by accident, or taken slightly too long to slow into a 30mph zone, or genuinely mistaken the limit in an unfamiliar area, but that's it.

When I took out my licence, I made an implied contract to follow the rules in exchange for being allowed to drive. Why would I break my word?