Lights Out London

bof
bof Posts: 372
edited June 2007 in Campaign
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6225108.stm

I have just noticed that Lights Out London is taking place on the longest day. It gets a bit gloomy but you can just about manage without lights until 10pm anyway

All sounds a bit pointless to me - most people have probably worked out that having lights on uses electricity and if you're the sort of person who forgets to turn the lights off when you're not using them, this wont make a difference.
The artist formally known as boring old fart

Comments

• Rigid Raider
    Rigid Raider Posts: 1,568
    When the Yanks start doing it I'll think about doing my bit.

I went to my brother's wedding in the USA and came home feeling more depressed about the future of the world than ever. In his outlaws' house every light was on and several TVs including a massive cinema screen with nobody even in the rooms. In our hotel there were nine ice machines on the guest floors alone churning out ice all day and night for a handful of guests - and that's not including any machines behind the scenes.

Global TH1.5 Ti hardtail.
  • Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    Air conditioning! [:0] How you'd manage without it in the hottest places, but it must be an energy eater! [:0]

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">No, Dougal, that baby elephant is far away!</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
  • Smeggers
    Smeggers Posts: 1,019
    Until all power stations are nuclear its like weeing in the sea anyway.

<font size="1">Hickory Dickory Dock,
    A baby elephant ran up the clock,
    The clock is being repaired</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">Hickory Dickory Dock,
    A baby elephant ran up the clock,
    The clock is being repaired</font id="size1">
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    How can it be a blackout when it's broad daylight.
  • Rigid Raider
    Rigid Raider Posts: 1,568
    Labour unions in general strike-bound Nigeria are talking about turning off the power. It won't make any difference though as there's never any power anyway and rich people have generators.

• hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    great idea, all turn off the lights............... then at 10pm all turn them back on, create a power surge and knacker the system
    I didn't

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rigid Raider</i>

I went to my brother's wedding in the USA and came home feeling more depressed about the future of the world than ever.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    how did you get there?
  • robkit
    robkit Posts: 13
    until the US sign up to the environmental thing, which they wont witout quite a lot more new orleans type disasters to convince them, we're basically wasting our time. the atmosphere becomes nothing more than a giant swimming pool which, just because we arent p1ssing in it at the europe end, doenst get any healthier!
  • Without wishing to defend the US at all, has anyone been to eastern europe in the winter?
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rigid Raider</i>

I went to my brother's wedding in the USA and came home feeling more depressed about the future of the world than ever.
    how did you get there?

Pedlo probably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    R1200GS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol