Well done Chris

SteveR_100Milers
SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
4th today, well done mate! and you beat my mate steve Barrett.

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">

Comments

• chriswcp
    chriswcp Posts: 1,365
    Thanks Steve, sounds good, 4th but then only 20 riders completed mainly due to every cyclist in South Wales taking part in some other event, can't remember the name of it, um...

I take it the other ride was good, would have loved to take part but us serious racers must enter proper races.[;)]

For anyone fancying a real challenge in the beautiful scenery of South Wales, then forget about the dragon and come and do the Brecon to Carmarthen 100 mile tt. Harder, cheaper and they don't give you chain degreaser to keep you running.[:)]
  • andyBcp
    andyBcp Posts: 1,726
    Well done chris, you probably did this after a 48hr shift on the coal face[;)]

http://www.teamvelosportif.co.uk
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chrisw</i>

Thanks Steve, sounds good, 4th but then only 20 riders completed mainly due to every cyclist in South Wales taking part in some other event, can't remember the name of it, um...

I take it the other ride was good, would have loved to take part but us serious racers must enter proper races.[;)]

For anyone fancying a real challenge in the beautiful scenery of South Wales, then forget about the dragon and come and do the Brecon to Carmarthen 100 mile tt. Harder, cheaper and they don't give you chain degreaser to keep you running.[:)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Proper racers? [:D]
    Tell that to the several TTers I dropped along the way [:D]
    Might have been the de greaser !!

Feel free to browse and donate:
    http://www.justgiving.com/davidbethanmills
    My winter and summer bike pics

http://oldwelshman.myphotoalbum.com
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    well don to anyone who did either of them I say. I'm still deciding which to do next year

my baby elephant has more memory than my PC

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3480&id=567849808
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Forgot to mention Chris, I saw a few of your club members on the Bwlch, wow some of them had obviously been preparing for weeks feeding to ensure they did not need feedstations [:D]Some big men, but fair play they soldierred on up the Bwlch where I saw far fitter looking younger guys sat on the roadside.
    See they breed the welsh hard [8D]

Feel free to browse and donate:
    http://www.justgiving.com/davidbethanmills
    My winter and summer bike pics

http://oldwelshman.myphotoalbum.com
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oldwelshman</i>

Forgot to mention Chris, I saw a few of your club members on the Bwlch, wow some of them had obviously been preparing for weeks feeding to ensure they did not need feedstations [:D]Some big men

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

I didn't ride but after talking to a fellow member I know who your talking about[:D] I cannot wait to pass on the observations[:D][:D][:D]

Nice one chris by the way.

<font size="1">"You can't get lucky all the time" </font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><font color="blue">"but you can be smart everyday" </font id="blue"></font id="size1">
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • There were loads of the Oggies yesterday aswell, they're bleedin everwhere...[:)]

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • Mark.Scp
    Mark.Scp Posts: 514
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SteveR_100Milers</i>

There were loads of the Oggies yesterday aswell, they're bleedin everwhere...[:)]

steve, what time did u get in the end? u were lking forwards to it :D

EDIT: The rhigos and bwlch are nice climbs, long but not steep - i suffered the second time up bwlch as i pushed it hard for the first few miles - got to the first checkpoint in 2:06..
    Had to stand up 40 miles out cus saddle sore:(

Tell ya what, those bananas and cakes were sooooooo nice xD

mark

In sport, losing is the end of the world .....
    la marmotte xD

la marmotte xD

• First check at Hirwaun in 02:24, final time 7hrs 20. Bit disappointed with that, about 15 mins longer than I hoped. Next year hoping for sub 7 hours. I died after the cimla climb, although felt strong in the afan valley, I died on the bwlch big time.

Mark, are you riding any more 50's this year?

• Mark.Scp
    Mark.Scp Posts: 514
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SteveR_100Milers</i>

First check at Hirwaun in 02:24, final time 7hrs 20. Bit disappointed with that, about 15 mins longer than I hoped. Next year hoping for sub 7 hours. I died after the cimla climb, although felt strong in the afan valley, I died on the bwlch big time.

Mark, are you riding any more 50's this year?

Are u confusing me with mark alexander again>? :D

well im not doing 50;s.

I got dropped from a main bunch in the town - the short, steep climb lasting about 5 mins... that was a killer

The rhigos was a cracker tho, did it in around 18 mins :D

Mark

la marmotte xD

la marmotte xD

• NO, sorry for confusing everyone yet again!, the 50 comment was aimed at Mark (Alexandar) from the Oggies.

The short steep climb (at approx 95 miles) was the Cimla.