Calculate your carbon footprint...

Gary Askwith
Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
edited June 2007 in Campaign
First time I have tried doing this..out of the few calculators I tried this one seems easier to use to need less detailed input, registration etc...whether that means it is less accurate I'm not sure

With one small family hatchback & motorcycle I was curious if we really were less than average or was i deluding myself.....[B)]
Anyway results were:
Total primary Household: 6100
Total personal share 3050
Total footprint = 9000

I found by messing about if you had any flights in the last year ( not us[:p]) it would boost your total considerably

This is Friday afternoon entertainment not a excuse for simobonj to start gibbering please[8D]

[url][/url]http://www.carbonfootprint.com/calculator.html[url][/url]

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Comments

• trustysteed
    trustysteed Posts: 1,490
    being 'generous' with the values, and including two cars and a long-haul flight, our value was about 45% of the average uk household so i won't be cutting down on my overseas holidays in the near future!

today's baby elephants are tomorrow's circus heroes

today\'s baby elephants are tomorrow\'s circus heroes
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    That's pretty interesting!! I don't have a car, so came in at 8900 - pretty similar to you Gary!!

The cost to me of offsetting this "appears" to be œ70.

I'm not tempted tbh, mainly as it looks like a money-maker for someone. Or I am too cynical this Friday afternoon??? Nice link though! [:D]

<font size="1">- Make me a bicycle, clown!
    - All right, I'm going to make you a bicycle. But I don't want to make you a bicycle.
    </font id="size1">
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • pzycoman
    pzycoman Posts: 285
    Im sorry but that sites screwey...

Its saying I have 715kg for car manufacture, yet I dont have a car. Interesting.
    Professional Kitten Huffer
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary Askwith</i>

I found by messing about if you had any flights in the last year ( not us[:p]) it would boost your total considerably

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What increased it a lot for me is my son in the Army flying backwards and forwards to Afghanistan. I'm glad there wasn't anything for helicopter flights.[:0]
  • trustysteed
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>
    I'm glad there wasn't anything for helicopter flights.[:0]

company chopper in for a service again, Patrick?

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by trustysteed</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>
    I'm glad there wasn't anything for helicopter flights.[:0]

company chopper in for a service again, Patrick?

Yep, we're having to use our 4x4s until it's back in use.[:)]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Total primary Household: 1822
    Total personal share 5950
    Total footprint = 7772[:)]

Non Omnis Moriar
  • trustysteed
    oh, the shame of being land bound. can't you hire a harrier jump jet until it's back?

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by trustysteed</i>

oh, the shame of being land bound. can't you hire a harrier jump jet until it's back?

Hire? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy?
  • trustysteed
    my mistake. would you like an aircraft carrier to go with that? [:D]

my mistake. would you like an aircraft carrier to go with that? [:D]

Nah, nowhere to park it in the canal.[:)]
  • simoncp
    simoncp Posts: 3,260
    Don't put Al Gore's figures in this carbon footprint calculator. I did and my computer had sparks coming out of the back of it.
  • Monbiot's footprint must have shot up now he has become a petrolhead. Probably see him in "Star in a reasonably priced car" on the next series of Top Gear.

Nobody ever got laid because they were using Shimano
  • stelvio
    stelvio Posts: 1,422
    Maximum household size 9 ??
    Ok, the servants only get 1 day off a year and live in an unheated cellar, but they still breathe.
  • I got 16,088. There are only two of us, so we've done rather well to get it that high. Some of you don't seem to be trying that hard, you really ought to put more effort into it.

• Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Smokin Joe</i>

I got 16,088. There are only two of us, so we've done rather well to get it that high. Some of you don't seem to be trying that hard, you really ought to put more effort into it.

You done good. I've only got to 12,000. I knew I needed to increase the engine size of my second car. The problem I have is not going on any holidays.
  • Tony666
    Tony666 Posts: 274
    You could try this one too - nice graphics! http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/
  • I got 33.25 tonnes on that one. Three times the average.

• Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    well, our household racked up 8,900 of which a surprisingly high proportion was on trains...............until I put in Mrs L2's bi-monthly flights to New York, at which point it hit 35,000 [V]

Mind you, she says that turning left at the door reduces her carbon footprint, because she sits in a bigger seat. So that's all right then.
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663

I think it is fixed.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">