Is Nick Cave a cyclist

le_grimpeur
le_grimpeur Posts: 135
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Its jsut that, climbing a hill, I was struck by the perfect rhythm to mainatin a high cadence whilst listening to "There She Goes,My Beautiful World" and later "Tupelo", and I have previously enjoyed cruising along to "Supernatually" and "Get Ready for Love".
The ultimate cruelty of love's pinions

Comments

• dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    ipod on the bike? too risky for me
  • stelvio
    stelvio Posts: 1,422
    wrong drugs for a cyclist
  • Bcp
    Bcp Posts: 1,163
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dbg</i>

ipod on the bike? too risky for me
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'd agree, I think it can be dangerous for themselves and other road users. Recently in two instances when in a car it took a beep of the horn for the bloke walking, and on another occasion a bloke cycling, to even realise I was there (after following them slowly for twenty yards or so).

It also happens frequently when I cycle, using the bell is a solution but it can make the unwary chav on the œ69 Halfords special swerve violently in front of you as he realises he's not alone (this is all on single lane N Yorkshire roads).
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Unless you listen to the iPod quietly or turn the volume down in the city's or listen with only 1 ear.

Recently started using an Mp3 player (can't afford an Ipod [:)]) and found that the wind is still the main noise I hear, with my music on quietly. Makes very little distance for hearing traffic.

Pride speaks, but Elephants listen...
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • yenrodcp
    yenrodcp Posts: 9,991
    I pretty much always ride with headfones - makes things 100% better...

Though for the serious bits, hills and telling drivers where to go etc... - forget it !

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nolf</i>

Unless you listen to the iPod quietly or turn the volume down in the city's or listen with only 1 ear.

Recently started using an Mp3 player (can't afford an Ipod [:)]) and found that the wind is still the main noise I hear, with my music on quietly. Makes very little distance for hearing traffic.

Pride speaks, but Elephants listen...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
    [;)] \'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]