CSC publish their haematocrit levels

Eurostar
Eurostar Posts: 1,806
edited June 2007 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun22news

This is very laudable but I find it hard to believe that Basso was the only CSC guy who went to Fuentes. I think we can assume that some of them must have done - which is precisely why Riis is publishing these numbers now because he has riders who don't want to sign the UCI DNA promise. He wants a line drawn under last season - an amnesty.

What if someone like Sastre or Zabiskie or Schleck or Voigt won't sign? Should Prudhomme throw them off the Tour?

Nobody has signed apart from Cavendish, Casar and Credit Agricole.
<hr>
<h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>

Comments

• oily sailor
    oily sailor Posts: 235
    An 11-man Tour de France currently. Cavendish won't have a lead out train but could still beat big Thor into Canterbury. Casar is nailed on for KOM.
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Seems like christmas pudding and easter eggs have an adverse effect on haematocrit levels.
  • vermootencp
    vermootencp Posts: 1,298
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>
    What if someone like Sastre or Zabiskie or Schleck or Voigt won't sign? Should Prudhomme throw them off the Tour?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Of course! Why not? if they don't sign they won't even be getting on Bjarne's bus let alone anywhere neat the Tour. Valverde's not too kee to sign is he. How long before there's an *announcement*?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <font size="1">"I'll do what I can to help y'all. But the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple."
    </font id="size1">
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <font>"I\'ll do what I can to help y\'all. But the game\'s out there, and it\'s play or get played. That simple."
    </font>
  • A laudable effort by CSC (not counting Riis, who shouldn't be running a team) in the absence of anything better; but these are only internal tests.

There needs to be a system in place for <i>all</i> professional cyclists, run by a body independent of the teams. Then, just maybe, professional cycling might regain some credibility as a sport rather than a spectacle.
  • It might be worth throwing a business plan together as a new mobile drug testing lab. I'm independant and don't like spectacles or contact lens.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    I can't wait for the flood of "announcements". I think they've got a meeting on July 4th/5th so perhaps it will all kick off then. There must be a way we can take advantage of all this to put one over on the bookies. If Vino, Valverde and Kloden withdraw, the odds on Pereiro will shorten a lot - you can get 50-1 on him now.

Of course Pereiro might withdraw - but some bookies give you a refund if you back a non-runner.

Maybe Cadel Evans is a good bet. I think at 18-1 he's the favourite among the riders who is generally accepted to be whiter than white. If V, V and K go I imagine Cadel will be 3-1 or so.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>