Portsmouth = 1st city with a blanket 20mph limit

Comments

• rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Only cyclists are important. You clearly care a great deal about the wider issues of road safety <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Once again, this is a cycling forum. Because motorways are irrelevant to cyclists motorways are not discussed here. Neither is the holocaust discussed. This does not mean we don't care about the holocaust, just that the holocaust is not relevant to cyclists.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I never speed. Therefore I am a safe driver. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are a terribly unsafe driver if you think speeding is the only road safety issue.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> As I have already explained, I know perfectly well that as sure as night follows day, a crash follows the right foot going down too far.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Of course it doesn't you idiot, where are you getting this garbage from?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> since all of the Safe Speed pages are online, I don't think they're refusing to allow them to be examined. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Small Pith claims his pages have been examined by experts. Experts he refuses to name. He also refuses to submit his "research" to peer review.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Maybe you haven't tried, which would explain why you only ever quote a couple of isolated parts of the site that no longer even exist. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are a liar, loads of Sm1th's hilarious self-important press releases are torn apart here, inclusing his view that cyclists are more dangerous than white van man. research of this calibre deserves to be brought to a wide audience.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> A lot of awfully successful people have no qualifications as such.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bearing in mind that road safety policy has not been swerved one iota by SS, now have any proper road safety agency confirmed Sm1th's barking mad "research", in what sense would you claim he is "succesful"?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> And I'm interested in the fake officer, where's your proof? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The poster known as "In Gear" posts all day, every day. His evidence that he is a copper is... his atavar.

He displays rudimentary ignorance of traffic law and has a long history of harrassment and intimidation on this forum. "In Gear" posted here as, variously, a lawyer, a solicitor, a vet, a surgeon, a barrister, a doctor and a professor. "In Gear" with Sm1th's help, sent abusive emails to Cycling Plus staff members and tried hard to get this forum closed down.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> We ought to take this to the real police, unless they're fake as well of course. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I already have:

Dear Sir,

The police authority forwarded your email (26.04.06) to me. Your concerns regarding the SAFE SPEED site are not trivial. The site is sponsored by individuals who are against safety cameras and the police in general. Although I cannot do anything to stop their publications, I can assure you that we fully investigate individuals who attempt to pervert the course of justice by giving false information to the police.

Kind regards,

Essi Ahari

Room 319
    Arrive Alive
    Police HQ
    Glan-y-don
    Colwyn Bay LL29 8AW
    Tel: 01492 517171 ext. 4497
    Mob: 07771803981
    E-mail: esmaeil.ahari@nthwales.pnn.police.uk

The decision was reached that since "In Gear" pretence at being a police officer was so transparently daft that it would be better to allow him to continue his fantasy since his continued mad dribble posts do nothing more than discredit Sm1th and his lunatic research.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Besides, it's rational to assume that everything is dangerous and demand research showing the contrary, rather than the opposite approach. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I can show you evidence that speeding is dangerous, thank you for admitting that you refuse to provide evidence to back up your view that speeding is safe.
  • rothbook
    So Bobby, which roads shared with cyclists do you think it safe for others to speed on?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

So Bobby, which roads shared with cyclists do you think it safe for others to speed on?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Some people might needlessly complicate the discussion with stuff about how it "depends on the conditions", but I know that just as with jumping off a cliff, it's never safe to speed, ever. That's why I never speed, and I think safety cameras are wonderful.
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    It is being quite childish.

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bobby Lightcycles</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Some people might needlessly complicate the discussion with stuff about how it "depends on the conditions", but I know that just as with jumping off a cliff, it's never safe to speed, ever. That's why I never speed, and I think safety cameras are wonderful.

Your grating and endless attempts at irony are painfully unfunny and unenlightening. If you have something to say for heavens sake just say it outright instead of carrying on this parallel universe twaddle.

On the other hand maybe you don't have anything constructive to add and are merely here to troll, a minion of the ludicrous ponytail.

there's no such thing as steep hills - just the wrong gear

a serious case of small cogs
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bobby Lightcycles</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dondare</i>

What part of the 20 mph zone in Portsmouth is the A3 Esher bypass?

At what point did this become a motorway thread?

"da sapienti et addetur ei sapientia doce iustum et festinabit accipere."
    I apologise. I didn't realise there had been 64 pages of discussion about exactly the topic title and nothing else.

But of course my original principle still applies. 20mph in a new 20mph limit (which was safe at at least 30mph for nearly a century) and you're AOK. 25mph and you might as well give up observing, anticipating or trying in any way to preserve yourself: you WILL crash. The only way to prevent it is not to speed.

SPEED KILLS -- SLOW DOWN

Many points have been discussed here but your motorway comments are irrelevent to all of them.

Speed limits can have purposes other than simply stopping accidents.

"da sapienti et addetur ei sapientia doce iustum et festinabit accipere."
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">But since all of the Safe Speed pages are online, I don't think they're refusing to allow them to be examined.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Inteesting comment....

Does that include the ones encouraging swopping points, using the details of the deceased, altering your number plate,etc.nthat have been removed, but still available on archive sites?

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Jaded
    Jaded Posts: 6,663
    ...or the ones on the forum that are for members only. The Inner Cabal Pages?

--
    <font size="1">[Warning] This post may contain a baby elephant or traces of one</font id="size1">
  • nortones2
    nortones2 Posts: 208
    More the Incest Cabal Pages.....
  • Cunobelin
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cunobelin</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Why didn't you also quote Rothbrook on a previous page, who very helpfully has highlighted exactly which test I broke the speed limit on?

Here, have some more straws.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Because......

Unless you are Rothbrook, this does not clarify your attempt to fudge the issue.

You stated:
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You are also aware that the IAM is not the only advanced driving organisation aren't you? You think that I've only taken the one?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The only person who can clarify how many you claim to hold and which one you claim to have been speeding whilst taking is you.

Why the reluctance to make the claims clear?

Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    Within the <b>sound of silence</b>

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Are you coming for a pint next time I'm riding in Pompey, Cuno?

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Cunobelin
    Let me know when - and I will see what I can do - The wind down ofthe IoW RAndonee was a little quiet this year.

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Tourist Tony
    Sorry. Hope to make it next year...

Is it time for amother Pompey Beer Monster?

• Cunobelin
    Eventually, and after prompting on another thread................

Cretin has now confirmed that his test was with the IAM.

Hence the challenge still stands............

HE claims that he was speeding throughout the test.

The IAM has declared that this is unacceptable.

Will he repeat this statement to the IAM with details of the examiner and ask them to confirm the validity of the test?

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cretin
    Cretin Posts: 266
    No he won't, because he couldn't care less about the qualification.
  • Tourist Tony
    Then why does he keep going on about it, and why mention it in the first place?

• Cunobelin
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> No he won't, because he couldn't care less about the qualification.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Or realises the hole he has dug himself in to and that he won't like the answer?

He claims that he was speeding during the IAM test, the IAM states thatthis is unacceptable.

The only fair and valid arbiter in this case is the IAM.

One must really wonder why the reluctance - either:

1. No qualification to validate
    2. Realises that the test was invalid and is hence unwilling to validate it.
    3. has the qualification, but the claims are false

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cretin
    1. wrong
    2. wrong
    3. wrong

Any more options there? Your list is rather short.
  • Cunobelin
    Simply trying to find out why you are so reluctant.

Anything more complicated seems to confuse you.

The obvious answer is to clarify why you are avoiding the challenge.

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cretin
    I'm not in the habit of repeating myself. You keep asking the same question I have already answered several times. You're just making yourself look silly to anyone who bothered to read.
  • Cunobelin
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have already answered several times<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just the point - you haven't................

It was only after much prompting that you answered the question as to which organisation!

Now just to clarify -

Are you still claiming that you were speeding throughout your test?

Are you still claiming that the examiner "complimented" you on this?

Are you still claiming that the IAM's statement that "Advanced drivers do NOT speed" is untrue and speed is "back ofthe manual"?

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cretin
    Ok. You've had these answers and more. You're clearly being an idiot now.

The Spanish Inquisition could take lessons from you. The Monty Python version that is.
  • Tourist Tony
    So which is it? The IAM don't say that advanced drivers don't speed, you lied about speeding in the test, or you never took it?

You will note the mutual exclusivity of your claims. Everyone else has. But then you've been an "idiot" all along.
    Cue standard SS troll behaviour of "lalalala not listening coz you've all got blood on your hands".
    Or in simpler terms, old pinhead won't talk to anyone who doesn't agree with him.
    Cya, Simes!

• Cunobelin
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You've had these answers and more. You're clearly being an idiot now.

So... in summary

You still refuse to ask the IAM about your test because you are worried it was compromised.

For all the boys and girls out there, and us idiots please state once and for all the reasons why you refuse.

(I don't care about the test is mor a comment on the validity of advanced driving training as a concept, and in this case simply avoidance)

(Unattributed Trad.)
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    I'm an idiot (apparently), and even I can see cretin's desperate attempts to try to battle himself out of quicksand.

There's only one person looking silly here.

• rothbook
    It's rather cowardly to raise a subject and then refuse to respond to polite questions about your claims, cretin.

Makes you look as though you have something to hide...
  • Cretin
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cunobelin</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You've had these answers and more. You're clearly being an idiot now.

So... in summary

You still refuse to ask the IAM about your test because you are worried it was compromised.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats not at all a valid summary. Thats another one of your inventions, something that has no basis in truth and which is clear to anybody reading the thread (except your mates).

Why are you <b>refusing</b> to take the IAM test Cunobelin? I've asked you several times. Is it because you're worried you won't pass? Surely with your exceptional knowledge and unsurpassed driving skills, you'd breeze through it.
  • rothbook
    Stop evading cretin and answer the question, or admit you made it up. Classic SS bluster and wriggling away from a blatant falsehood.
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    What is the need to take the IAM test? Many of us are secure enough in our abilities not to need to.

• Cretin
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mister Paul</i>

What is the need to take the IAM test? Many of us are secure enough in our abilities not to need to.

So presumably you understand contact points, vantage points, planning ahead, positioning, braking procedure for corners, gearchange etiquette, when not to use indicators.....the list goes on?