New Rapha Caps

dbg
dbg Posts: 846
edited June 2007 in Campaign
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=313.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Now I quite like Rapha stuff but come on!!!!!!![:0][:0]

Comments

• alecstilleyedye
    alecstilleyedye Posts: 1,170
    chav it up[xx(]

if i had a better signature, i'd use that instead
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dbg</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=313.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Now I quite like Rapha stuff but come on!!!!!!![:0][:0]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ha ha ha! I'm suprised they stopped at tweed and didn't put ear warmers on thus making them the full dear stalker.

Do you have to carry a shotgun when you wear one of these or will slippers and a pipe do?

If they get anymore retro than this they will be selling loin skin shorts and sabre tooth tiger key fobs.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I look a tw@ in hat at the best of times, let alone paying œ30 for the privilege.
  • I wouldn't buy one of those but I don't really see why the topic is in soapbox ?

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/n ... index.aspx
  • Landslide
    Landslide Posts: 34
    What's with the 531 on it?
    I'd be surprised if either the cap or ____ _______ were composed of significant quantities of Manganese and Molybdenum...
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Landslide</i>

What's with the 531 on it?

The price ?

Warning about well known bike shop removed at request of moderators.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • peterbr
    peterbr Posts: 2,076
    What were they thinking? - blugh!

<hr noshade size="1">
    "Europe's nations should be guided towards a superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation"
    Jean Monnet, founding father of the EU.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    "Europe\'s nations should be guided towards a superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation"
    Jean Monnet, founding father of the EU.
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    I like Rapha gear, but this is bleeeeeccccchhhh!![xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][?][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • dbg
    Who the hell is going to buy one of those things? Have Rapha employed a dodgy design guru?First the diary then the shaving kit now tweed cycling caps, are they trying to out naff themselves?
  • Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    Next month...the Rapha stick-on 'handlebar' moustache. And moleskin cycling shorts.

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">No, Dougal, that baby elephant is far away!</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The jersey and caps are destined to become sought after collector's items.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And therein lies the secret of Rapha's 'exclusivity' - limited production runs.

That said, I think those caps are quite natty. And affordable by Rapha standards. Can't see me wearing one, especially not for cycling. It's all part of a retro thing that's steadily building up. Frinstance...

http://www.velorution.biz/pret/?p=60
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    [:0]
    Can't you see the deliberate mistake on that website page? They accidently put the price œ30....that's far too cheap for one of only 200 ugly tweed caps in existence...it should've been at least œ50!!!

It'll go great with a Mapei jersey...oh yes!![8D][:D]

I'd rather walk than use Shimano.

A pulse, the whole world has a pulse...and now so does a baby elephant.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • dbg
    or one of those nice floral assos jerseys
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    I'm no expert but doesn't 531 infringe Reynolds copyright?

<hr noshade size="1">
    'Cause I'm a lover not a fighter
    Yes, I'm a lover not a fighter
    And I'm really built for speed
    Built for speed
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gavin Gilbert</i>

I suppose not so long as he doesn't start making a tweed tubeset with 531 embroidered on it...and some houndstooth lugs.

I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rob Sallnow</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gavin Gilbert</i>

I suppose not so long as he doesn't start making a tweed tubeset with 531 embroidered on it...and some houndstooth lugs.

[:D]

having engaged my brain it doesn't infringe copyright - remember when IBM produced 286, 386 and 486 processors? And then moved to Pentium because they couldn't copyright numbers? Doh [:I]

<hr noshade size="1">
    Built for speed
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I don't think the caps are bad - they aren't racing caps but with the right gear I think they'd look OK.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tom Butcher</i>

I don't think the caps are bad - they aren't racing caps but with the right gear I think they'd look OK.

Purdey & Purdey plus Range Rover? [:0]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rob Sallnow</i>

I'd rather walk than wear Rapha [:D]

My Best Bike
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    This link was posted on the other thread about this...

http://secretsofthepeloton.com/crapha.htm

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • msb123
    msb123 Posts: 274
    while i think the tweed caps are pants, i can't help noticing that mercian never seem to get a slating for doing overpriced ____ _______ models ...
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gavin Gilbert</i>

[:D]

having engaged my brain it doesn't infringe copyright - remember when IBM produced 286, 386 and 486 processors? And then moved to Pentium because they couldn't copyright numbers? Doh [:I]

<hr noshade size="1">
    Built for speed

I'm with Gavin on this one except that it was Intel that made the chips not IBM.
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    isn't 531 the grade of steel (like 304 or 316), and didn't Reynolds simply purchase the steel?
  • jimbo1964
    jimbo1964 Posts: 770
    Yaaaawwwwwwwwwn here we go again. Maybe someone should revive the Campag Vs Shimano debate, that was equally original.
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimbo1964</i>

Yaaaawwwwwwwwwn here we go again. Maybe someone should revive the Campag Vs Shimano debate, that was equally original.
    if you can't spot a spoof when you see one, start your own!
  • jimbo1964
    jimbo1964 Posts: 770
    Silly me.. brilliant idea.
  • drhaddock
    drhaddock Posts: 664
    Bah, you folks clearly need to get with the programme and realise the sartorial elegance and practicality of tweed for the urban gent's everyday journeys upon his velocipede. (Seriously now) I made myself some rather dashing plus fours on my good lady's sewing machine and have been asked several times by total strangers where they could purchase such a garment. And they really didn't seem to be taking the wee. I for one will be purchasing a cap of the finest houndstooth, and will wear it with pride. I don't think œ30 for a hat is that much either!

Doc
  • pete236uk
    pete236uk Posts: 58
    I think I might get the tweed one and looker a bigger prat that already do haha what is that all about was down at smithfield on sat night rapha was selling some gear on sale œ120 for a top they must bo drugs or something, but then i guess some poser will buy them

peter
    peter
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    the Soul Crew comes to cycling

my baby elephant has more memory than my PC

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3480&id=567849808
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business