Walsh having another pop at Armstrong

aztecboy
aztecboy Posts: 384
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Call me cynical - a book called Armstrong to Landis just before the tour. I wonder what new "revelations" Walsh has extracted this time.

aztecboy
aztecboy

Comments

• Guyzie
    Guyzie Posts: 79
    Yes, good timing!
    Here he is in discussion..

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=11208251

G
  • sorry, just dont trust this guy.

If he had any real proof he'd have taken the info to the UCI and gotten him banned, instead he waits till the start of the tour and publishes a book - gutter journalism at its best[:(!] If he had irefutable evidence it should go to the UCI,wonder why he doesnt?!
  • But these words in order:

Old New Rope Money for

TdG
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    Who would buy such a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • LA Confidential seemed justified to me as it added something new, contained some very important facts about LA's blood work, but Walsh's new book doesn't add anything new from what's already been reported, but will help put off sponsors from joining the sport, so it's time Walsh found some other game to write about and stopped threatening cyclists jobs with needless bad PR. Fair enough when there is a sham to be reaveled, then publish, but not reheated allegations

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    I would, Keith, I would. But then, I'm notoriously vacuous, shallow, and obsessed by petty thoughts and conspiracy theories.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I'm only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rustychisel</i>

I would, Keith, I would. But then, I'm notoriously vacuous, shallow, and obsessed by petty thoughts and conspiracy theories.

I'm only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just google SCA promotions + Lance Armstrong and you will find everything Walsh claims to be revealing

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Armstrong's defence is the fact that he 'won' the SCA promotions case - but as we know from US law that doesn't mean much, just that he has the biggest legal bill and has scared everyone into submission - it still doesn't make the Andreu evidence for example 'go away'. I'm no Walsh fan - he just finds taking a pop at cyclists easy and sensationalist without risk of upsetting his former paymasters at News International and their other sports interests.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    It means even less if you believe velonews - SCA would have had to pay even if he had doped. The arbitration panel who made the ruling didn't even have to decide whether doping had occurred: http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12449.0.html
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Radsman
    Radsman Posts: 122
    I think I could have written this book by simply filtering through cycling websites...thus not sure how investigative it is.