Honchar Sacked

squiredcp
squiredcp Posts: 964
edited December 1969 in Pro race
Interesting turn of events:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 767073.stm

Will another team actually sign him given that he has clearly been up to something?

Comments

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by squired</i>

Will another team actually sign him given that he has clearly been up to something?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Place your bets: Astana or Tinkoff

Fair play to T-Mob for standing by their ethics code, although as has been asked before on here, "Why did they keep him anyway when they had a purge as he was already tainted?".

Maybe it's just good PR for them to now be able to say "See, we mean what we said......."

===========================================================================
    http://www.ccluton.com (It's a lifestyle!!)
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    Maybe they clung to every hope he is clean cos they know he would have been in with a good shout at winning things! Suppose we always expected him to be doping given his powerhouse performance at last year's TDF.
  • Signing him up was a no-brainer. If he's actually clean he's a threat for any TT and a domestique par excellence, but if he's dirty well...he's old and disposable and his sacking is a feather in the cap for T-Mobile's anti-doping stance.

Win win situation.

TdG
  • It is nice to see T Mobile show the other teams how they should be run. Not just wait for a + but police the riders themselves.

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • im assuming the test results were turned over to the relevent 'authorities'...??
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bigdawg</i>

im assuming the test results were turned over to the relevent 'authorities'...??

No because they didn't constitute a doping offence under the rules, I believe.

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

<font size="1">Pink Bananarama!!
    ContrelaMontre 314
    Noodley 269</font id="size1">

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • Im confused, why was he 'let go' then, have T-mobile a different set of rules to the UCI now??
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bigdawg</i>

Im confused, why was he 'let go' then, have T-mobile a different set of rules to the UCI now??

In short: yes.
  • Wasn't it something to do with blood volume that caused the test results to get flagged up.

And as present I don't think that's something that is tested for by the UCI/authorities.
  • Steve Tcp
    Steve Tcp Posts: 7,350
    Fair play to T Mobile if their rules are tougher than those of the UCI. I imagine Honchar has accepted his fate, and if not there'll be some sort of unfair dismissal case. If he doesn't sue then it's safe to assume he is in breach of some rule and has accepted his punishment. What's sad is that it inevitably taints those TDF performances from last year.

Take care,

Steve.
    Take care,

Steve.
  • From what I understand, T Mobile are operating their own test for autologus blood doping, currently no WADA-UCI test is used for autologus blood doping because it could be subject to legal disputes, athletes deciding to sue as auto is your own blood. But in joining T mobile the riders give up their right to challenge the results of blood volume testing such as blood parameters which strongly suggest autologus blood doping-which teams like Discovery, Quick Step etc don't use. I hope T mobile have a great TDF as they are a good example of how teams should be run-riders under intense scrutiny to discourage doping. Of course, there's no way 20 riders will all be honest, as you won't find a grouping of 20 people in any walk of life who are, but T Mob is still doing well!

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.