Hincape apparantly moving to T-Mobile...

TheBigOne
TheBigOne Posts: 99
edited December 1969 in Pro race
... so i fully expect him to follow the way of all ex-USP / Disco riders and get clobbered and turn in a positive shortly after his move.

cynical... me? no....

Comments

• Langenberg
    Langenberg Posts: 453
    Funnily enough, I had the same thought.... I can see how having more American riders makes commercial sense for T-Mobile (who operate a mobile phone network in the US).

=====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
  • There are rumours that Jonathan Vaughters is putting together a "US super team" for next season and Hincapie will be joining them.

Could it be that Hincapie's agent is out talking to people to get him a wage increase for the last couple of seasons of his career?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andyp</i>

There are rumours that Jonathan Vaughters is putting together a "US super team" for next season and Hincapie will be joining them.

Could it be that Hincapie's agent is out talking to people to get him a wage increase for the last couple of seasons of his career?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah that was hinted at twice in this months ProCycling. Once at the end of the Millar/Zabriske interview and then also in the Hincapie article.
  • hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    It was interesting that Hincapie didn't deny the Jonathon Vaughters rumour, just said no comment. Which to me spoke volumes.
    The suggestion that a move to T Mobile would mean doping seems a bit bizarre since they are more active than any of the big names in countering doping.

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • Radsman
    Radsman Posts: 122
    Exacly, the just kicked out Honchar
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Didn't Valverde do something similar ? Use T-Mobile to get a bigger wage packet ?

Danger ! Men at work
  • Maybe he'll actually go to T-Mobile. Would be a nice little earner for the twilight of his career.

And being objective you could see it as intent to ride clean.

TdG
  • TheBigOne
    TheBigOne Posts: 99
    The rumour i have heard is that Vaughters wants Tailwinds Sports place on the Pro Tour.... funnily enough i could easily see LA and JB saying 'sod it... we've won 7 times, time to move on' and pass / sell their lisc. onto Vaughters.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Hincapie going elsewhere can't be good for Discovery's hunt for a new sponsor. Whether you like him or not, he's extremely marketable in the US and one of the team's biggest draws.
  • It would be good to see Hincapie open himself to scrutiny of blood volume testing, not yet used in dope testing at race I understand, at T Mobile. Perhaps big George is not scared of the scrutiny that's seen Honchar removed

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.