Angry cyclist on Blackheath

leegcp
leegcp Posts: 11
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
To the cyclist riding a Bianchi c2c across Blackheath this morning, on the shared foot/cycle path, I hope you feel embarrassed about hitting a 12 year old.

Some schoolkids were wandering along filling the path up but with their backs to us. Bianchi man waited till he was about 2yds from them and screamed 'get out of the f**cking road' and then swerved so that he could shoulder/elbow one of the little kids in the back of the head. The path doesn't have any markings on and I doubt many people would expect bikes on it.

Comments

• Tynancp
    Tynancp Posts: 160
    he hit them on purpose?

ped got priority over bikes every time, spec on the pavement

nice early tinkle of the bell is called for
  • Cab
    Cab Posts: 770
    Whoever has priority, intentionally hitting a pedestrian (or doing less than you safely can to avoid hitting one) is totally unacceptable. The bloke is an idiot.

<i>Free baby elephants for every citizen</i>
    Vote Arch for Prime Minister
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2011
    He must be pretty hard if he can bully small children like that while riding his bicycle on the pavement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS) FORUMS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • mazcp
    mazcp Posts: 953
    If it's his regular route, he can well expect some revenge from the schoolkids some time in the future. A change of route might be in order Mr Bianchi. Then again, he's so well 'ard...
  • leegcp
    I could tell he was tough as he was wearing a bandana (albeit under a crash helmet)
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    What a knob jockey.

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • pzycoman
    pzycoman Posts: 285
    Iv half-accidentally slapped a few people, but thats thier fault (turning left on a road, I put my arm out, palm about the same hight as thier face, because I anticipate them walking out onto hte road without looking - SLAP!), but thats just stupid.
    Professional Kitten Huffer
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    I suppose it's not worth reporting to anyone? I mean, that's pretty much assault - and on a child too. What a pillock. Even if they were walking across the clearly marked cycle half of a divided lane, they're not actually required by law not to, and a simple ring of a bell, or "excuse me!" would have sufficed. Yeah, if they then refused to move over, you might get a bit shirty, but even so, elbowing a kid in the head is way OTT.

I bet if a driver came up behind the guy and gave him a shove for not getting out of the way, he'd be quick enough to complain - and quite rightly... Typical bully, pick on someone smaller. I hope he gets a reminder some time of what it's like to be on the recieving end.

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • richteacp
    richteacp Posts: 1,137
    What a tool. He'll get some payback i'm sure, what comes around etc.

<font size="1">--
    esta elefante del beb‚ me molesta</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">--
    esta elefante del beb‚ me molesta</font id="size1">
  • walkercp
    walkercp Posts: 1,012
    where about's in Blackheath did this happen Leeg?

Baby Elephants - free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
    Baby Elephants - free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
  • Cab
    Cab Posts: 770
    I did clip a kid once. On a great big shared use/pedestrianised road (you can cycle on it after 4 PM). I ws trundling along, not going quick, passing three lads, they'd be about 12ish. Gave them a good wide berth (twice my own height I'd say, so just shy of 12 feet), but not wide enough, one pushed the other, that kid play acted being pushed right across the street, I clipped him. Stopped to make sure no harm was done, and none was.

That kind of thing happens, its very hard to totally avoid it. Its rare (I'd say that event where I clipped a kid was freakish). You can reduce your risk by killing your speed, that makes it less likely you'll hit someone, and less likely you'll hurt them (or yourself) if you do.

Anyone who hits a pedestrian on purpose, whether that ped is a kid or adult, deserves a good kicking.

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Pzy, I'm a bit surprised, that's almost as wrong as what the guy did!

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • leegcp
    Walker, it was just by the boating pond that is opposite the pub (Prince of Wales?). The path cuts across the heath from South Row to Prince of Wales Road.
  • Black Keith
    Black Keith Posts: 224
    it wasn't me.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cab</i>

I did clip a kid once. On a great big shared use/pedestrianised road (you can cycle on it after 4 PM). I ws trundling along, not going quick, passing three lads, they'd be about 12ish. Gave them a good wide berth <b>(twice my own height I'd say, so just shy of 12 feet), </b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Bloody tall kids<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">but not wide enough, one pushed the other, that kid play acted being pushed right across the street, I clipped him. Stopped to make sure no harm was done, and none was.

That kind of thing happens, its very hard to totally avoid it. Its rare (I'd say that event where I clipped a kid was freakish). You can reduce your risk by killing your speed, that makes it less likely you'll hit someone, and less likely you'll hurt them (or yourself) if you do.

Anyone who hits a pedestrian on purpose, whether that ped is a kid or adult, deserves a good kicking.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This sig is under construction.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by leeg</i>

To the cyclist riding a Bianchi c2c across Blackheath this morning, on the shared foot/cycle path, I hope you feel embarrassed about hitting a 12 year old.

Some schoolkids were wandering along filling the path up but with their backs to us. Bianchi man waited till he was about 2yds from them and screamed 'get out of the f**cking road' and then swerved so that he could shoulder/elbow one of the little kids in the back of the head. The path doesn't have any markings on and I doubt many people would expect bikes on it.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    The only possible reasons for this are that either the cyclist was a sociopath (a cycle-path psychopath?) or that he'd had trouble with these kids before.

This sig is under construction.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • did you catch him up and dish out some treatment?
  • The Endorser
    The Endorser Posts: 191
    lets hope the kids daddy is a nasty Phil mitchell type who'll be waiting there tomorrow, ready to insert said Bianchi up the idiots rectum.

It's peckers like that that get conscientious cyclists a bad name.

<i><b>Eating baby elephants since 1969</b></i>
    <i><b>Commute - you might even enjoy it!</b></i>
  • Ant Evans
    Ant Evans Posts: 344
    Wasn't me either, I don't have a C2C. I knocked over a completely different pedestrian. This one was in the road. It's not the first time.

Beer is part of the solution. Are you?

Calm is an arm.