Cycling in London, the truth is out...

Hairy Jock
Hairy Jock Posts: 558
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
I have heard that London cycling can be scary, but I hadn't realised it could be
this scary[:I]
Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.

Comments

• Alcdrewcp
    Alcdrewcp Posts: 63
    No offence to any who were there. But why is it that mostly ugly people feel the need to do thing naked?

• dubnobass
    dubnobass Posts: 337
    I watched them all setting off from Hyde Park. Men outnumbered women about 9 to 1, and hardly any of the women were properly naked, although a lot of the men were. There were some very groovy bikes there, tandems and two-storey affairs.

<font size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I'd re-enact THAT scene from Blue Peter, with John Noakes, on a daily basis. Wouldn't you? <i>"Ooh, gerroff me foot!"</i></font id="size1">
    Only so many songs can be sung with two lips two lungs and one tongue
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
    Most people who protest about anything are ugly, beautfiul people have got better things to be doing.....

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    That's horrible and you should be ashamed for posting it.......
    I've gone right off me pea soup.

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    Hey - I met that guy in the cover picture in a restaurant later that evening - he was with a couple of other people from the ride chatting about it.
  • Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Now why aren't there critical mass rides like this[:I][;)]
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.
  • Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    There are, you just don't get invited.

--
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I'd use that.
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • Hackbike 6
    Hackbike 6 Posts: 3,116
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alcdrew</i>

No offence to any who were there. But why is it that mostly ugly people feel the need to do thing naked?

We can't all be pretty like you.

<font color="green"><font size="1">Hackbike 8 Commuting Debut 09/09/2006</font id="green"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="blue">Dawes Audax 2006</font id="blue"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="green"> New 20/09/2006</font id="green"><font color="red"> </font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1"><font color="red"> Cycle Commuting since 1981 </font id="red"></font id="blue"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1">Cycling Proficiency Test 24 May 1977</font id="blue"><font color="red"><font size="1"> (30 years ago)</font id="size1"></font id="red"></font id="size1">

<font size="1"><font color="red"> Ride to work part 1 of 8 http://tinyurl.com/ypjapc</font id="size1"></font id="red">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 2 of 8 </font id="size1"></font id="red"><font size="1">http://tinyurl.com/2jfagu</font id="size1">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 3 of 8</font id="red"></font id="size1"><font size="1"> http://tinyurl.com/2jcldv </font id="size1">

How not to lock a bike. http://i14.tinypic.com/52355zr.jpg
  • richteacp
    richteacp Posts: 1,137
    I know the guy in the main pic.

<font size="1">--
    esta elefante del beb‚ me molesta</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">--
  • Cyclegent
    Cyclegent Posts: 601
    Why is this kind of thing considered eccentric and lovable, whereas a Judge who gets his w*lly out on a train is hauled up in court?[:0]

'Cycling in Amsterdam.is not a movement, a cause, or a culture.It's a daily mode of transportation. People don't dress special to ride their bike any more than we dress special to drive our car... In the entire 1600 photographs that I took, there were only three people in "bike gear" and wearing helmets.' Laura Domala, cycling photographer.
    \'Cycling in Amsterdam.is not a movement, a cause, or a culture.It\'s a daily mode of transportation. People don\'t dress special to ride their bike any more than we dress special to drive our car... In the entire 1600 photographs that I took, there were only three people in "bike gear" and wearing helmets.\' Laura Domala, cycling photographer.
  • richteacp
    Because they're harmless hippies making a 'statement', whereas I think someone getting their cock out on a train would be doing so for more nefarious reasons. Unless they too are making a statement, in which case it's fine.

<font size="1">--
    <font size="1">--
  • GrowingLad
    GrowingLad Posts: 117
    I must say the woman with the wings hasn't got a bad bottom.....

FGG 2478
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2011
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GrowingLad</i>
    I must say the woman with the wings hasn't got a bad bottom.....

FGG 2478
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

er, don't want to ruin your party but that's actually a bloke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    Vapor genie
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • richteacp
    That's never a bloke!

<font size="1">--
    <font size="1">--
  • chewa
    chewa Posts: 164
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by richtea</i>

That's never a bloke!

I think I must be gay! I thought the same thing. No way that belongs to a bloke.

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
    plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens

Black 531c tourer
    FCN 7
    While dahn saff Dahon Speed 6 FCN 11!!!
    Also 1964 Flying Scot Continental
    1995 Cinelli Supercorsa (columbus slx)
    BTwin Rockrider 8.1
    Unicycle
    Couple of others!
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    I wouldnt like to guarantee anything, but I see no sign of an under carriage and it looks like a womens slopy tube frame... Might be confused by the number of bikes in shot, and I wouldnt put it past a guy in a fairy outfit to also ride a girls bike.
  • richteacp
    Well either way, it's still a fit arse.

<font size="1">--
    <font size="1">--
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2011
    If you zoom in really close then you will note how hairy and spotty it is. There's no way that belongs to a girl!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    BOND INSURANCE FORUMS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • cupofteacp
    cupofteacp Posts: 578
    I think this sort of thing is terrible, as all the motorists will think that cyclists are a bunch of naked hippies, and they probably think we're all perverted riding around naked.

There bringing cycling into disrupt!

15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
    15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cupoftea</i>

I think this sort of thing is terrible, as all the motorists will think that cyclists are a bunch of naked hippies, and they probably think we're all perverted riding around naked.

15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness

Wasnt cycling naked recomended by cycling plus recently? as for cyclists being perverted you mean some of us arent?
  • cupofteacp
    cupofteacp Posts: 578
    I'm sure they were breaking the law, which is irresponsible and wrong

15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
    15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
  • Brock_71
    Brock_71 Posts: 775
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cupoftea</i>

Motorists assume cyclists are perverted because they dress in skin tight lycra then stick their arse in the air and mince for all they're worth in front of innocent drivers' windscreens. The joyous freedom of being naked is probably something they can identify with better actually.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">A bicycle is for life, not just for Christmas.</font id="size1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">A bicycle is for life, not just for Christmas.</font id="size1">