Characteristics: Neither Right nor Left.

ankev1
ankev1 Posts: 3,686
edited December 1969 in Campaign
Those of us who can rise above the political trench warfare of left and right have certain (superior, naturally) characteristics:

Modesty prevents.

Oh alright then. Northern English along with ownership of one or more Rohloffs.

Comments

• Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    Have bikes with both Campag AND Shimano

Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
    Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • Unkraut
    Unkraut Posts: 1,103
    You clearly belong to the extreme Centre.
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Unkraut</i>

You clearly belong to the extreme Centre.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Nowt wrong with being an extreme centrist.

Idealogues at the extreme fringes are too wrapped up in their doctrinaire beliefs to consider that views even only mildly different to their own have any validity.

Those of us in the middle can see all sides of the arguments, consider them on their merits and reach an informed conclusion that we were right all along... [:D]

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
    </font id="size1">
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • ajevans
    ajevans Posts: 373
    Taking on opinion on an issue by issue basis based on the best evidence to hand, not some imaginary party line.

Not clinging to discredited and obsolete ideological ideas. Eg communism and capitalism.
  • Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    Despite being embrioled in the other threads I'm neither left or right.....more in another dimension...which is probably why I confuse a few of the dears
    I must be the only one on here who has been attacked for being too right wing (Cuddy)
    and for being too left wing (spire)

Not recently I hasten to add [:)]

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....
  • marinyork
    marinyork Posts: 271
    All these one and two dimensional lines and compases, we need a 3rd dimension. We could call the extra characteristic top and bottom or up and down or ...
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    There's many dimensions:

conservative-progressive

hierarchcy-equality

individualist-collectivist

emotional-rational

ecocentric-anthropocentric

spiritual-materialist

and so on...

The last three are increasing in relevence, whilst the first three characterise traditional left-right divisions more easily...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • papercorn2000
    papercorn2000 Posts: 4,517
    I'd hate to have to draw that particular graph.

God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
    God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
  • You'd need multi-dimensional graph paper, they don't sell it in WHSmiths I'm afraid.