Lefty characteristics

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Campaign
This is what kicked it off:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary Askwith</i>

Maybe you should give us a list of your 'lefty 'characteristics, since so many of us unwittingly subscribe so we can judge for ourselves.......[:)][xx(]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Surely this is worthy of a thread in its own right!![:D][:D][:D][;)]

Go on, do it!!

Let me be the first contributor. [;)]

1. Absolutely certainty that one is correct all the time.

Comments

• Tim Bennet
    Tim Bennet Posts: 1,143
    That makes Maggie about as left wing as you can get.
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
    2: The idea that one is in fact rather more intelligent than the rest of the population seems to be a pinko favourite....

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    3. Empathy

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....
  • The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    I'm apparently quite left wing now ! I didn't used to be, but I did that questionnaire on www.politicalcompass.org , and I scored -4.63 on economic left/right and about -1.0 on libertarian / authoritarian. So I'm almost a third of the way to being ghandi. I used to be right in the middle.

<hr noshade size="1">
    CyclingIsPermittedAlongThisFootpathGenericPath
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    Humility, whit, charm, good looks, humour, kindness, tenderness, ability to share and give, empathy, sympathy, tenacity, rationality, and above all, honesty.

The rightist clones who come here to denounce everything that smacks of progressive thought will not understand any of the above.

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    3. Always know what is best for others, irrespective of what they actually want.
  • Pomposity
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

Humility, whit, charm, good looks, humour, kindness, tenderness, ability to share and give, empathy, sympathy, tenacity, rationality, and above all, honesty.

And large peni5 too, no doubt!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

And large peni5 too, no doubt!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

No, it would be unfair to have one which is bigger than anyone else's. [:)]
  • spire
    Drag everybody down, don't raise everybody up.
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    An average penis is all that is required to do the job. How revealing that you lot are so quickly reduced to the 'size is everything' argument.. the size of your car, your bank balance, your house, your egos etc etc etc.

• marinyork
    marinyork Posts: 271
    Staple diet of yoghurt.

Wear clothes ethically produced by knitting the remains of yoghurt not consumed into garments.

Travel by sleighs pulled by rabbits, and horses that have been commandeered/freed from being pulled by 4x4s in trailers.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zimzum42</i>

2: The idea that one is in fact rather more intelligent than the rest of the population seems to be a pinko favourite....

And especially apparent when applied to Americans, who are believed to be particularly stupid.
  • spire

An average penis is all that is required to do the job. How revealing that you lot are so quickly reduced to the 'size is everything' argument.. the size of your car, your bank balance, your house, your egos etc etc etc.

Whereas you were so modest about your other attributes!![;)]

The rightist clones who come here to denounce everything that smacks of progressive thought will not understand any of the above.

• Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by The Boss</i>

I'm apparently quite left wing now ! I didn't used to be, but I did that questionnaire on www.politicalcompass.org , and I scored -4.63 on economic left/right and about -1.0 on libertarian / authoritarian. So I'm almost a third of the way to being ghandi. I used to be right in the middle.

<hr noshade size="1">
    CyclingIsPermittedAlongThisFootpathGenericPath

..and I could be Stalin[;)]

Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • An unshakeable belief that anyone who does not agree with them is a Nazi.
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

An unshakeable belief that anyone who does not agree with them is a Nazi.

...and racist.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

...and racist.

Especially when someone is querying a boycott of Israel. [;)]
  • Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251

You really believe that, don't you[:0]

• Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    Left wing views tend to be motivated by a concern for your fellow humans and a desire to do something practical to assist them.

Right wing views tend to have a view that other people are a dnager to them, not their problem and that by merely doing the best thing for themselves there is a remote possibility that the trickle down theory they made up might accidentally help others too.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725

couldn't have put it better myself - well done. [:)]
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary Askwith</i>

Spouting some simple-minded mean-spirited petulant, thinly-veiled ignorant coswallop...which is comprehensivly debunked with ease.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thinking you've debunked an argument, when you haven't actually understood it![:D][;)]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris James</i>

Left wing views tend to be motivated by a concern for your fellow humans and a desire to do something practical to assist them.

8. A constant claim to be on the moral high ground and acting out of the best of motives.
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris James</i>

Whether they want it or not!

Mummy knows best!
  • spire
    A belief that it is better to have 100 poor men, rather than 90 poor and 10 rich, even if the rich cause the poor to be less poor than they would have been.

(Also known as envy.)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris James</i>

Whether they want it or not!

Mummy knows best!

The forcible removal of Falkland Islanders would come in this category.
  • ChrisKH
    ChrisKH Posts: 1,717
    Obligatory, personal hatred of Margaret Thatcher. Not necessarily founded on anything substantial. Even those not old enough to remember her.

Right wing - obligatory personal hatred of Cherie Blair. Not necessarily founded on anything substantial.

Tony's just too grey to hate with that much venom.

Baby elephants are so last year, darling.
    Baby elephants are so last year, darling.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by The Boss</i>

...I did that questionnaire on www.politicalcompass.org , and I scored -4.63 on economic left/right and about -1.0 on libertarian / authoritarian. So I'm almost a third of the way to being ghandi.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Last time I did that questionnaire, I <i>was</i> Ghandi [:0]

The trouble is, I think the loincloth'd one was a bit of a wan<font color="red"></font id="red">ker [:I]

<font size="1">So you voted, and now you've got a government. I just hope YOU like it.</font id="size1">
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    There's broadly two kinds of left:

1. Libertarian left. Characterised by belief in: natural altruism, no state / hierarchy, small-scale / localism, anti-military etc. Worst tendencies: anti-scientific, anti-rational.

2. Communist left. Characterised by belief in: state control, common property, large scale / transnationalism, scientific progress and management. Worst tendencies: totalitarianism, loss of individuality.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum