Its just not fair

Aidocp
Aidocp Posts: 868
edited June 2007 in Campaign
I'm doing a sponsered ride on Saturday, I was hoping to take the road bike out for its 1st jaunt on serious hills. Its only hill its tackled is the back road to Dunfermline. Judging however by the weather forecast though (BBC and met, I'll be taking the Winter bike [:(]. Typical on Sunday the wind is going to fall and the rain is going to stop [V].

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?

Comments

• Melvil
    Melvil Posts: 2,219
    Being as I am in Auld Reekie, I share your pain. Have you noticed recently the weather always starts to get sh!tt towards and during the weekend?

******************************************************************************
    See Baby Elephants and more at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47331519@N00/
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Just take the road bike and wash it afterwards. It's not as if there is any salt to contend with, it's only bloody water and mud.
  • The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    What is it with people's perversion towards riding a bike in the rain. Anybody'd think you have to 'prove' yourself by riding in the pouring rain and until you have you're not a 'proper' cyclist. We only get about 10 days of rain a year, there's not really that much point in getting wet!

<hr noshade size="1">
    CyclingIsPermittedAlongThisFootpathGenericPath
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by The Boss</i>

What is it with people's perversion towards riding a bike in the rain. Anybody'd think you have to 'prove' yourself by riding in the pouring rain and until you have you're not a 'proper' cyclist. We only get about 10 days of rain a year, there's not really that much point in getting wet!

<hr noshade size="1">
    CyclingIsPermittedAlongThisFootpathGenericPath

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think you'll find we get more than ten days rain a year. Unless you live in the Great Rift Valley or something...

I think you mean something along the lines of "the average commuter will only get serious rain ten times a year" - ie, it might rain in a day, but not at the times the person is actually riding...

My attitude is, if I have to go somewhere and it's raining, I wear waterproofs and get on with it. If I have a choice, e.g. a ride just for the fun of it, I may not bother.

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    This morning for me, as it was raining, I decided to wear suitable attire (normally I cycle in jeans!) and cycled about three times further than usual on my commute! And quite enjoyed it too - it's not like it's cold these days!!

<font size="1">There's no TV! Have you seen a TV, Mike? I haven't seen a TV. Do you know what it means when there's no TV? - No MTV! </font id="size1">
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    it's true that it rains more at the weekends. scientific fact. science lesson: in order for a rain drop to form, moisture attaches itself to a microscopic spec of "dirt". Pollution builds up during the working week which means more of these specs of dirt. more specs of dirt and more moisture attaching to them during the week equals rain clouds fit to burst at the weekend.

So you'll just have to get used to it coz it's a fact. sorry.

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia