Workshop Manuals

gerrybubble
gerrybubble Posts: 7
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Hi All,
Any really good workshop manuals/repair books etc, that you can recommend. Mainly to cover road/race machines, although don't mind if they cover everything else!
Not just stuff for beginners but more heavy stuff, ie removal of headset / cranks /cassettes etc etc.

Gerry
Gerry

Comments

• I've got a copy of Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance and think it's excellent.
  • I've just bought 2 manuals, one was recommended by some of the guys and gals on the forum; "Cycle Maintenance" by Richard Hallett published by hamlyn.. I found it wasn't detailed enough and didn't illustrate the jobs properly SO I've just bought the one recommended by my LBS which was the <b>Haynes manual</b>! Far better; covers more jobs, better lay-out, far easier to follow etc etc.
    I suggest you take a look at that well known online store (named after a long S American River) take a look at the users reviews, it's a good way of checking out folks' experience of things as opposed to the official publisher's line!
    If you get a chance the best thing is to find a shop that sells several and have a flick through... but I'd recommend the Haynes!
  • books are so last century
    www.parktool.com for everything you need

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • dakidcp
    dakidcp Posts: 744
    The Park Tool book is also very good.

<hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
    <hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
  • ashbyalien
    ashbyalien Posts: 609
    i think the park tools book it pretty good

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • cpeachey
    cpeachey Posts: 1,057
    "books are so last century"
    Maybe Steve but have you tried fixing your bike and holding your laptop at the same time?
    Chris
    ps Most of us here were born in the last century!