Giordana Tenax or Santini TwistGel PowerLycra

fattyatkinson
fattyatkinson Posts: 40
edited June 2007 in Workshop
after much research and elimination of assos due to expense I have come up with a decision between Giordana Tenax (recommendation in roadcyclinguk group test) or Santini TwistGel PowerLycra (generally well recommended). can anyone help me decide which to go for???? help!

Comments

• gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    I cannot comment on Santini but have Tenax and Assos. IMO, Tenax are better shorts.
  • ut_o_cykla
    ut_o_cykla Posts: 58
    I've had a pair of santini's perhaps a few models 'lower' than you suggested - haven't washed well really. Look drab and tatty but are whole after 2 years.

pousse moi s'il vous plait
    pousse moi s\'il vous plait
  • Giuseppecp
    Giuseppecp Posts: 41
    I've just got a pair of the Tenax bibs in white. They've got the same blue chamois that was in their CSC replica shorts from 2005 - the best chamois i've ever used. Material in the Tenax feels heavier than the CSC kit, but once you're on the bike, it feels just great. Plus the white shorts look great with all my shirts, though i'll really have to start working on my tan!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Giuseppe</i>

I've just got a pair of the Tenax bibs in white. They've got the same blue chamois that was in their CSC replica shorts from 2005 - the best chamois i've ever used. Material in the Tenax feels heavier than the CSC kit, but once you're on the bike, it feels just great. Plus the white shorts look great with all my shirts, though i'll really have to start working on my tan!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Beware getting caught in the rain - white shorts can get quite transparent when wet [:I]

Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Slow Down</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Giuseppe</i>

Beware getting caught in the rain - white shorts can get quite transparent when wet [:I]

schhhhh.....thats why I buy the Tenax in white [:D][:D]

This is my bike:
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure001.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure002.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure003.jpg
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 690
    If you're going Giordana mail order watch out for the sizing. Buying the same size as other brands can take you up an octave or 2.

=============
    I believe Tugboat
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • JonBurns
    JonBurns Posts: 212
    Said on the label of my Tenax shorts that they're wind proof...didn't say in which direction though.
  • joshw
    joshw Posts: 55
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wakemalcolm</i>

If you're going Giordana mail order watch out for the sizing. Buying the same size as other brands can take you up an octave or 2.

So you mean that they are smaller than other brands?
  • meenaghman
    meenaghman Posts: 345
    I've tried the Santini gel shorts.. 2006 model. Not overly impressed. The cut of the shorts is nice, but the pad doesn't seem wide enough.. ie the pad is wide, but the gel portion doesn't go right to the edge. Guess shorts / saddles depend on ones anatomy. Also I suppose depends on your position on bike.. leant forward in aero position they're OK, but in more touring upright position they're not the best fit on me.
  • I have some 2006 Santini aswell. I don't have a problem with the pad and did not feel uncomfortable over the 100 miler at the weekend but the seams on the insides leave indentations in my legs.