Naked bike ride

stelvio
stelvio Posts: 1,422
edited June 2007 in Campaign
If you're bored, see if you can annoy a daily mail reader by saying how much you liked it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... AddComment

Comments

• rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    Was it today? Oh really? Oh damn. I've missed it for another year [:)]
  • Oldknees
    Oldknees Posts: 214
    It was brill. The fun of riding stark naked and shocking the hell out of people whilst at the same time removing cars from the central London in a way that Mr Livingstone could never do will stay with me for as long as I live.

The sad thing was bashing my rear bracket (yes painful) on a step and sending half my campag rear changer to campag heaven. I did the whole ride in one gear! Good job I'd brought the workshop with me.

Then the 12 mile cycle home afterwards. Good practise for pedle spinning. I would not have missed it for the world and shall be going next year too.

slow is good too
    slow is good too
  • Oldknees
    Actually I don't think we shocked anybody. It was a wonderfull atmosphere - <u>everybody</u> smilled

slow is good too
    slow is good too
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    My bike is always naked......

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • peterbr
    peterbr Posts: 2,076
    I saw some of the pictures. I would have thought regular cyclists would be slightly less saggy.

<hr noshade size="1">
    Elephants and Ivory go together in perfect harmony.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    "Europe\'s nations should be guided towards a superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation"
    Jean Monnet, founding father of the EU.
  • Oldknees
    No saggy is what I am best at. Tough for sprinting but great for momentum(fat sods cycle too).

In a way that was one of the things that the ride was about. It made the statement that we are not all supermen and superwomen and we shouldn't feel bad about our bodies. Just rejoice in the diversity. Body politics can get a bit deep.

I just enjoyed riding my bike through the middle of London on a Saturday afternoon, in the sunshine, stark naked. Worries me that I may have enjoyed it a <i>little too much</i>.

P

slow is good too
    slow is good too