Specialized Comp Road Shoes

nathanb74
nathanb74 Posts: 270
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a pair of these and how they are finding them.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProd ... spid=26155

Previously Brisbane, Australia now East Sussex UK

Comments

• Aperitif 51
    Aperitif 51 Posts: 181
    Hello Nathan,
    I bought a pair of these from Evans in Waterloo about four weeks +/- ago...
    I have to report that they are good, comfortable and easy to adjust...well worth the money in my opinion. They are stiff soled and a 'wider' form, although I went up a size to ensure a good, but not tight fit.
    The top strap - nearest the ankle is very effective - and easy to loosen if there is a need 'en route'.
    I use Look cleats but haven't used them with their designated cleat covers.Due to the stiffness of the sole, one waddles!
    Cleat set up is assisted by the gradations on the sole of the shoe although, like everyone else I expect, there was a little fiddling around whilst on a ride.
    Try them on - it was an easy sale once I did!
    The carbon pro ones looked the part but hey! nearly double the price and I eat Pringles, doughnuts and chocolate so...[:)]
    m

103kg - kg361
    106kg - kg361 255characters have read this so far...I believe
  • foresthill
    foresthill Posts: 77
    First couple of rides you'll notvce the support from in-sole difference is amazing.

It kind puts your foot into the right place (ex sidi wearer)

Bit of extra width (as Aperitif mentioned) which is why I got them.

Only problem is my 2 year old boy can't work out the red button bit - he much preferred the 3 velco straps on the Sidi.

You're not 2 are you?

andyh
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    I bought a pair of BG sport MTB shoes to replace my aeging early edition Shimano touring shoes - The difference was huge.

The BG footbed design is really comfortable, stiff in the right places, and shoe design holds your foot - I have wide feet, and these fit better than my old Shimano shoes.

Lots of info. on the footbed technology on the Spez. site.

Only thing I noticed - My usual shoe size is 9.5 - The Spez. shoes I bought, which are the most comfortable shoes I now own, were UK size 11.
  • nathanb74
    nathanb74 Posts: 270
    Cheers for the feedback guys. Trying to get a pair of the Pro Carbons at the moment. Looking forward to using the BG footbeds though.

Previously Brisbane, Australia now East Sussex UK
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I wouldn't buy mail order - you need to try on (same with any shoes for that matter...)
    But I'm usually a 10 and have ended-up with 46's, which are 12's...

why is it sunny all week yet rains at weekends ?
  • JWSurrey
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andy_wrx</i>

I wouldn't buy mail order - you need to try on (same with any shoes for that matter...)
    But I'm usually a 10 and have ended-up with 46's, which are 12's...

why is it sunny all week yet rains at weekends ?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Good advice there Andy - I think it cost me an extra 4 quid to get them fitted at the shop, and pick them up straight away. Got to be worth it.
  • CraigH
    CraigH Posts: 321
    i think the plastic ratchet buckle is rubbiish, i am on my second ratchet as they are made of poor quality soft plastic that the easily mis forms when tightening.
    good shoe appart for that.
  • JWSurrey
    Glad I went for the cheaper ones with just velcro!
  • i snapped a couple of the straps but they were replaced within two days so can't grumble.

really nice shoes

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • wildmoustache
    wildmoustache Posts: 4,010
    if you can afford it, the s-works shoes are noticeably lighter.