Swopping points

2»

Comments

• Yeah I know[:I] It could never happen, but it was aimed at petrolhead and not yourself.
    I can only apologise[:I]

My roadie

My pics
  • I'm not entirely sure where the post was directed, but have to agee with Peyote. I was simply quoting the emotive language used by the pro-camera groups.

Not sure why phsyical violence should be offered to anyone offering an opinion on this forum, or any other for that matter!!!
  • I generally find calling people scum will illicite my kind of response. Maybe you are right surely only scum would resort to it.....

My roadie

My pics
  • Ah our replies are crossing, so since I quoted the sentiment held within this quote:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    posted by Cunobelin:
    These are all red herrings to try and remove an effective tool for dealing with incompetent and arrogant drivers<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now you feel you can attack me!

I am quite concerned with the attitude of disregard to the law contained within this statement though, perhaps you could explain:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I chose to ignore the limit and got caught.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Why on earth would you choose to break the law!!! Surely that is the worst thing I have heard. Running down a hill and accidently running over the limit perhaps. Failure to note the sign hidden behind the undergrowth, maybe, but a conscious decision to break the law?
  • Well in this instance, what I did was to start acelerating before the national limit sign. Therefore I chose to ignore where the new limit started. It does not constitute dangeropus driving IMO. Have you NEVER broken the law?

My roadie

My pics
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Have you NEVER broken the law?

Now we're talking, of course I have broken the law. Just like every living person on this planet. I have drifted over the speed limit occasionally. I have made personal calls from work (theft). Given information to friends about confidential business dealings (insider trading). To list but a few.

The point I was making (sorry, I made you a target, and that is a genuine apology) is that everyone who has a licence has done the exact same as you. You weren't driving dangerously (from your description, quite the opposite). In your opinion would you not say the siting of said trap was opportunistic rather than safety orientated?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    There's too much scum on the roads,

Ahem.
  • roshi chris
    roshi chris Posts: 455
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I don't think he's in it for the money. He claims to have an engineering background, and there's far more money in that.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Is that Engineering with a big E (ie you get letters after your name) or with a little e (I fix washing machines).

The latter I believe..

By the way I'm the former, and I don't know who told you there's a lot of money in it but don't believe em!

"Not everyone understands house music. Its a spiritual thing; a body thing; a soul thing." Eddie Amador

"Not everyone understands house music. Its a spiritual thing; a body thing; a soul thing." Eddie Amador
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    I once met a "thermal engineer". He lagged pipes.

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by roshi chris</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I don't think he's in it for the money. He claims to have an engineering background, and there's far more money in that.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Is that Engineering with a big E (ie you get letters after your name) or with a little e (I fix washing machines).

The latter I believe..

By the way I'm the former, and I don't know who told you there's a lot of money in it but don't believe em!

I thought he was into some kind of air conditioning or summat. So he was a mechanic?

He also says that he was off sick for a while, and rather than going back to work decided to plough all his time into his campaign.

It all sounds pretty fishy to me.

• roshi chris
    Ah, he'll be one of those 'service engineers' then. ie man in boiler suit, fits pipes.

Not that i'm knocking these jobs, not at all, but they don't really qualify you in highway engineering do they?
    Try 4 ****in years at univeristy for a start, then several years on the job sweating it out, and you will start to get the hang of it.

I'm sure PS read a few papers though and figured the rest out for himself. flower.

• roshi chris
    Haha brilliant. It changed "flower" to flower!

• Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    I will just mention my own 4 years at Uni doing Aero Engineering......

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K