A tale of two bike rides

Gavin Gilbert
Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Yesterday: spent the day utility cycling wearing 'sports casual' kit (3/4 lengths, Rapha T shirt), and did 3 different trips without incident other than a Southall ped stepping out from between parked cars without looking. This is perfectly normal for Southhall

Today: 5 laps of Richmond Park, whilst wearing club jersey and bibshorts. Passing to close - 4, attempted left hook - 2, aggresive revving of engine at lights - 1, shout of 'Waaaaankerrrrr' - 1

Or am I just being paranoid?

<hr noshade size="1">
'Cause I'm a lover not a fighter
Yes, I'm a lover not a fighter
Yes, I'm a lover not a fighter
And I'm really built for speed
Built for speed

Comments

• The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gavin Gilbert</i>

Yesterday: spent the day utility cycling wearing 'sports casual' kit (3/4 lengths, Rapha T shirt), and did 3 different trips without incident other than a Southall ped stepping out from between parked cars without looking. This is perfectly normal for Southhall

Today: 5 laps of Richmond Park, whilst wearing club jersey and bibshorts. Passing to close - 4, attempted left hook - 2, aggresive revving of engine at lights - 1, <b>shout of 'Waaaaankerrrrr' - 1</b>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Sorry Gav, didn't mean it.
  • Kourosism
    Kourosism Posts: 63
    Is it possible that timing may have come into the equation? Maybe a different type of road user on Sundays (more desperate to get to Tesco) than on Saturdays? A different time of day?

I dunno.

Maybe club jersey strikes a chord the same way 4x4's do with some people. Club Jersey = that same eejit who ran the red light. Sports casual = just off down the pub?

Not that the two stereotypes are necessarily accurate, I'm just hypothesising...