26" narrow slicks.

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Any advice welcome as to which 26x1.2-1.5 are not absolute b%$œ"&^ to get on/off. I've just about given up trying to fit some Conti Contact 1.2s: in fact I now remember why I haven't used them for years!
Thanks in advance.

d.j.
"Like a true nature's child,
We were born,
Born to drink mild"

Comments

• stu99
    stu99 Posts: 177
    Vredestein 26 x 1.3 slicks are much easier than Contis to put on - they also strike a perfect balance between weight, speed and comfort.
  • hazeii
    hazeii Posts: 233
    Ive got Conti Sport Contact 1.somethings's (1.5, I think) on a 26" bike, don't recall them being too hard to fit. Also Hutchinson 26x1.0 Air Lights on another 26" bike, but a bit narrower than your range.
  • cooper.michael1
    cooper.michael1 Posts: 1,787
    Vredestein 1.3 Folding perfect moirees are a good tyre for general use, 3000miles trouble free commuting and touring.

...really really good in the wet too.

Coops
  • Thanks folks. See what I can get.

d.j.
    We were born,
    Born to drink mild"
  • I use Specialized All Condition Pro 26 x 1.0 tyres, they are folders with a kevlar bead so fit easily, they are light, supple (120 tpi), grippy (2 rubber compounds) and virtually puncture proof. I can't recommend them more highly (I tried Conti Sport Contacts but they were no way as good).
  • They look quicker than me!

Try some if I get the right bike.

d.j.
    We were born,
    Born to drink mild"
  • Gragi
    Gragi Posts: 448
    Panaracer pasela - very good. Nice tread, reasonably quick, and puncture resistant (I haven't had any yet - commute with them daily, and weekend rides for about 1 year-ish).
  • Gragi
    Gragi Posts: 448
    Whoops... just read the title of the thread properly - the panaracer obviously aren't slicks... Sorry! (but still nice tyres.. ;o)