Diana

Comments

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Crooky</i>

We'll never hear the whole truth so I can see why people start thinking about conspiracies.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">There may well be agencies at large that are capable of knocking off the great and good if they become an embarrassment, but I'm sure they would have come up with a far more effective, subtle and sure method of eliminating Diana if they so wished.

If she was wearing a seat belt it's likely she would have survived seeing as her bodyguard did and he was sitting in the front seat.
  • alecstilleyedye
    alecstilleyedye Posts: 1,170
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

That would have been distasteful. <b>It were Diana, Queen of all our hearts. Nothing she ever did was wrong. You are evil, unfeeling and I bet you went to work as usual on the Monday after she died. You make me sick.</b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

if that's irony then use some emoticons to illustrate ([}:)][;)][:0] for example)

if not, i hope you never ever bought a tabloid newpaper or magazine with their lurid, intrusive and disrespecatable "exclusives" about diana.

and rather than have endless conspiracy theories, can we not accept that she died due to getting into a car with a drunk driver and failing to wear a seatbelt. you can find that sort of tragedy pretty much every friday night somewhere.

if i had a better signature, i'd use that instead
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    Anyone wannabuy a (registered in France) white fiat wi a bent bumper?

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    Redcogs - quite happy to see them forced out too, you know! I'd prefer them to see the error of their ways though, minimise conflict and all that...

And I agree entirely with your point about the unreflexive braodcasting of the sufferings of the poor. No-one seems to give much of a toss about intrusions on the lives of millions who die in disasters and wars all over the world, yet a few people get worked up about some blurred photos of someone who's been dead for 10 years. Warped priorities...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>
    And I agree entirely with your point about the unreflexive braodcasting of the sufferings of the poor. No-one seems to give much of a toss about intrusions on the lives of millions who die in disasters and wars all over the world, yet a few people get worked up about some blurred photos of someone who's been dead for 10 years. Warped priorities...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    FM I agree with you about the priorities, but looking at it objectively, you could say that the sufferings of the poor happen all the time, and are therefore not news, whereas the a drunk-driver-no-seatbelt-dead-princess-who-fell-out-with-the-powers-that-be-and-went-out-with-an-arab-son-of-dodgy-businessman-who-has-had-run-ins-with-govt-possible-conspiracy-mystery-fiat-blood-guts-etc clearly has the edge in newspaper sales stakes!

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">kinckers kanckers konckers</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
  • Crooky
    Crooky Posts: 604
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ladyboy</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Crooky</i>

We'll never hear the whole truth so I can see why people start thinking about conspiracies.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">There may well be agencies at large that are capable of knocking off the great and good if they become an embarrassment, but I'm sure they would have come up with a far more effective, subtle and sure method of eliminating Diana if they so wished.

If she was wearing a seat belt it's likely she would have survived seeing as her bodyguard did and he was sitting in the front seat.

In the C4 programme they said none of the occupants of the car were wearing a seat belt.
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Bodyguard was. He survived.
  • Crooky
    Crooky Posts: 604
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

That's what I thought but on the show they said no occupant was wearing a seat belt.
  • Russell_john
    Russell_john Posts: 602
    Terrible way to die, irrespective of her social position or 'class'.

Doubtful if the truth will ever be really known - or where the 'real truth' to ever emerge, to be actually believed. The sad thing I think for her children though is that they will never be allowed to get away from the fact that her mother died surrounded in mystery and in that there is no real closure. Was she murdered? was it all a plan instigated by grandpa Greek? What with all the others who have died recently; soldiers paid to 'professionally' kill others, hordes of dead oppressed masses, dead cyclists even, you would have thought; she's only one dead mother. I mean, what 'right' does she have in hogging the headlines?

are they wibbin me Centurwion?
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    I saw something really strange the other day. The Express had the front page about house prices, while the Mail had the one about Diana.
    They must have swapped for the day.

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • mjones
    mjones Posts: 1,915
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Russell_john</i>

Doubtful if the truth will ever be really known - or where the 'real truth' to ever emerge, to be actually believed. The sad thing I think for her children though is that they will never be allowed to get away from the fact that her mother died surrounded in mystery and in that there is no real closure. Was she murdered? was it all a plan instigated by grandpa Greek?

[?] Are you serious? There is no mystery- other than the question as to why so many people so desperately want there to be more to it than the sad, all too common, reality that she died because of a drunken driver.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Died
    In
    A
    Nasty
    Accident

22nd March can't come soon enough, neither can 26th May 2007

Carbon Footprint what Carbon Footprint?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • papercorn2000
    papercorn2000 Posts: 4,517
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alecstilleyedye</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papercorn2000</i>

That would have been distasteful. <b>It were Diana, Queen of all our hearts. Nothing she ever did was wrong. You are evil, unfeeling and I bet you went to work as usual on the Monday after she died. You make me sick.</b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

if that's irony then use some emoticons to illustrate ([}:)][;)][:0] for example)

if not, i hope you never ever bought a tabloid newpaper or magazine with their lurid, intrusive and disrespecatable "exclusives" about diana.

and rather than have endless conspiracy theories, can we not accept that she died due to getting into a car with a drunk driver and failing to wear a seatbelt. you can find that sort of tragedy pretty much every friday night somewhere.

Aye, it were irony but you've gone and spoiled it now.[:(!] Happy?

God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
  • who was diana ?
    I reached the decision to go on the offensive - to put a check on government abuse of power, where others had failed in stopping the federal juggernaut running amok

Timothy McVeigh
  • Russell_john
    Russell_john Posts: 602
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mjones</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Russell_john</i>

Doubtful if the truth will ever be really known - or where the 'real truth' to ever emerge, to be actually believed. The sad thing I think for her children though is that they will never be allowed to get away from the fact that her mother died surrounded in mystery and in that there is no real closure. Was she murdered? was it all a plan instigated by grandpa Greek?

[?] Are you serious? There is no mystery- other than the question as to why so many people so desperately want there to be more to it than the sad, all too common, reality that she died because of a drunken driver.

no, of course I am not being serious - she died because of a DD. Of course people want there to me more to it; newspapers need feeding, they never stop and there's nothing more they like than stories of human suffering and grief. But hey this story is more interesting..

What would you (the general public) rather read: story of a pretty lass dying 'mysteriously' vs more dead soldiers (yawn..) vs a famine in Africa (again...) vs dead civilians in Iraq(and...).

It's a story with a huge emotional content... that's why it'll never go away.. not in our lifetimes anyway

• pgscp
    pgscp Posts: 1,102
    Was she decapitated owing to a faulty auto gearbox, or am I getting muddled, perhaps another conspirancy?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Smokin Joe</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bloke on a bike</i>

Dianna who?

--
    <font color="red"><b>Basil W Brush</b></font id="red">

Dors.

Nobody ever got laid because they were using Shimano
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    Well that's far out thre.......

Doubtful if the truth will ever be really known - or where the 'real truth' to ever emerge, to be actually believed. The sad thing I think for her children though is that they will never be allowed to get away from the fact that her mother died surrounded in mystery and in that there is no real closure

I appreciate the private, 'no real closure' and 'no understanding' parts to this but i'm gald to say that i'll never have to deal with the public effect for the incident.

my elephant has more memory than my PC
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • billsters
    billsters Posts: 134
    She may have died because of a drunken driver, but the role of the paparazzi was still a major factor. Henri wouldn't have driven so fast if he wasn't trying to lose them, surely.

I am a republican but I still see her death as a tragedy. She was my age, she didn't cause much harm to anyone and did a lot of good. I think Charles did her a grave disservice by marrying her when he loved someone else (and she was only 19! for God's sake, what were they all thinking?), and it's sad that she was killed just when she seemed to be coming into her own as a person.
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    It's so simple:-

Her Maj. crept in and spiked Henri's drinks knowing he was soon to drive the "difficult daughter-in-law" from the hotel.

Prince Philip was riding a Lambretta - with Charles on the pillion wielding a rice flail at the Merc's windscreen.

Bish-bash-bosh! One wrecked car later and Pip and Chas make their escape during the following commotion.

The white Fiat was driven by Camilla to ensure the press had someone to vilify.

Case solved.

• Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    at last, a plausable explanation!

my elephant has more memory than my PC
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> She was my age, she didn't cause much harm to anyone and did a lot of good. <b>I think Charles did her a grave disservice by marrying her when he loved someone else (and she was only 19! for God's sake, what were they all thinking?)</b>, and it's sad that she was killed just when she seemed to be coming into her own as a person.

Lets be honest, Charlie boy would have been doing what was expected of him. As a potential monarch, he was groomed and his sexual partner selected from a very narrow social/biological sample of humans to ensure the perpetuation of a so called 'good strain' of stock for the future..

On the evidence so far, they have failed in that endeavour, with the young royals seeming just as dysfunctional and unattractive as all the rest of the sorry lisping aristos.

Ultimately, its exactly like breeding dogs, and when canine breeders produce constant failures they do the appropriate thing and end the line..

The time for us to do the same is long overdue.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>
    Ultimately, its exactly like breeding dogs, and when canine breeders produce constant failures they do the appropriate thing and end the line..

[<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Redders, just because your eldest has failed to get into Eton, there's no need to take this drastic step! [;)]
  • alecstilleyedye
    alecstilleyedye Posts: 1,170

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alecstilleyedye</i>

Aye, it were irony but you've gone and spoiled it now.[:(!] Happy?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">i've actually heard that sort of sentiment voiced in the real world so please forgive my uncertainty[:I]

riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • papercorn2000
    Very well, I shall endeavour to use smileys at all times to illustrate my state of mind whilst composing a post.[;)]

• The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Crooky</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

That's what I thought but on the show they said no occupant was wearing a seat belt.
    They probably said none of the <i>dead</i> were wearing a seatbelt.
  • rothbook
    Was wearing.
  • papercorn2000
    Or "were wearing seatlbelts"

• rothbook
    Was wearing seatbelts. None is not one. I am a sad pedant.
  • simoncp
    simoncp Posts: 3,260
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> She was my age, she didn't cause much harm to anyone and did a lot of good. <b>I think Charles did her a grave disservice by marrying her when he loved someone else (and she was only 19! for God's sake, what were they all thinking?)</b>, and it's sad that she was killed just when she seemed to be coming into her own as a person.

Lets be honest, Charlie boy would have been doing what was expected of him. As a potential monarch, he was groomed and his sexual partner selected from a very narrow social/biological sample of humans to ensure the perpetuation of a so called 'good strain' of stock for the future..

On the evidence so far, they have failed in that endeavour, with the young royals seeming just as dysfunctional and unattractive as all the rest of the sorry lisping aristos.

If Diana had taken more time and trouble to find out if he was a suitable husband for her we might have been spared the publically financed whining and moaning from her later on.
  • CometGirl
    CometGirl Posts: 2,681
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simoncp</i>
    If Diana had taken more time and trouble to find out if he was a suitable husband for her we might have been spared the publically financed whining and moaning from her later on.

How astute of you to pick up on yet another example of cynical, manipulative, evil women conning innocent men and then playing the victim.

[:D]