Rockin' Oldies!

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited June 2007 in Campaign
Great to see that the 'My Generation' team of wide awake geriatrics are provoking comment and interest - e.g. here http://tinyurl.com/2b9a6c

Don't intend to move away to a seaside elephant's graveyard (seaside town) when I am older.

What's your strategy for the 'senior years?'

Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• To look in the mirror each morning and say "Well we're still here then!"

I'm not getting old...I'm just getting more stupid...
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • gandalfcp
    gandalfcp Posts: 220
    Simply to live long enough to be a burden to my children.
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    My plan to die a glorious rock n'roll death at 21 passed me by 19 years ago. The expectation of a obit in <i>High Mountain Sport </i>or <i>Climbing</i> also came to nothing ('lo a handfull of friends did sadly manage this)

So my lack of planning for old age on the basis that one of London's bus drivers will do for me may also be a false economy. We shall see....

<hr noshade size="1">I'll have an organic decaff skinny goats milk cappuccino with fairtrade chocolate in a recycled cup to go please
  • Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NervexProf</i>
    Don't intend to move away to a seaside elephant's graveyard (seaside town) when I am older.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    ahem! this is precisely my intention. 2010 will do nicely. A Marks and Sparks and a Budgens within walking distance. What more could one possibly want?
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon L2</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NervexProf</i>
    ahem! this is precisely my intention. 2010 will do nicely. A Marks and Sparks and a Budgens within walking distance. What more could one possibly want?

A McCarthy and Stone flat?
  • papercorn2000
    papercorn2000 Posts: 4,517
    I will be trading in the wife for a much younger, glamourouser model.

God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
    God told me to skin you alive.
    http://www.ekroadclub.co.uk/
  • Smeggers
    Smeggers Posts: 1,019
    Bumming around the med on a yacht is on the cards for me.

<font size="1">Hickory Dickory Dock,
    A baby elephant ran up the clock,
    The clock is being repaired</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">Hickory Dickory Dock,
    A baby elephant ran up the clock,
    The clock is being repaired</font id="size1">
  • Rhythm Thief
    Rhythm Thief Posts: 2,787
    Buy a narrowboat, sell most of my possessions and move on board. Have any loan paid off by the time I'm 55 or so and retire.
    All I've got to do now is persuade the girlfriend it's a good idea.