Awww, thats ok Mr WVM

Jacomus-rides-Gen
Jacomus-rides-Gen Posts: 453
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
Riding towards a set of lights this morning, on my way to Battersea Park, I was in the bus lane keeping pace with the traffic in the car lane. I was sat on the 7 o'clock of Mr WVM just behind his van in case he decides to suddenly change lanes for the lights.

My spidey senses tingling I back off a little bit more and his indicator flashes once and he pulls the classic "signalmanouver-oh-sh*t-whats-that-in-my-mirror" and swerves back into his lane. I was out of danger the whole time, and waved him to change lanes. When we stopped at the lights I went past him (as he was now turning left), and he wound his window down. Expecting abuse I braced myself, but instead got a very sheepish looking bloke say "Sorry mate, hope I didn't come too close."

Made the rest of my ride nicer to know that my road sense worked, AND most importantly I met a polite WVM![:)]

Comments

• Sh4rkybloke
    Sh4rkybloke Posts: 209
    Very nice. But it's not very memorable though... SMHIDCTC, I much prefer SMIDSY.. and that's the more frequent one in this (and many other, I suspect) neck of the woods.

[:)]

Nothing in life is foolproof, fools are ingenious

• rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    SMHIDCTC. Like it.
  • Cab
    Cab Posts: 770
    While it would have been better had he signalled properly, fair play to the guy. He made a mistake, realised what he'd done and admitted it. Good for him.

<i>Free baby elephants for every citizen</i>
    Vote Arch for Prime Minister
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Fair play to him, I'm impressed!

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • miffedcp
    miffedcp Posts: 315
    i had a guy stop and get out on a free flowing road to appologise. Boy was i ****ting it
  • I had more or less the same thing happen to me in a bus lane. Different in that I was going slightly faster than the line of traffic on my right (bus up my bum, so I wasn't hanging about)
    Merc decides to manouver/indicate/mirror into me so I use my audible warning device at full volume.
    <font size="5">Oi!</font id="size5">
    That worked well. The driver swung back into line sharply. Although as the gap he had left had now closed, it would be more accurate to say "Swung back INTO the line"
    Much tinkling of broken wing mirrors.

I left them to it. [:D]

--
    <font color="red"><b>Basil W Brush</b></font id="red">
    --
    <font><b>Basil W Brush</b></font>
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sh4rkybloke</i>

Very nice. But it's not very memorable though... SMHIDCTC, I much prefer SMIDSY.. and that's the more frequent one in this (and many other, I suspect) neck of the woods.

[:)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

you prefer people NOT to see you?

22nd March can't come soon enough, neither can 26th May 2007

Carbon Footprint what Carbon Footprint?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Sh4rkybloke
    Sh4rkybloke Posts: 209
    Errr, I prefer the acronym. Clearer? [;)]

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Came across a nice WVM as well, except the van was red so maybe it doesn't count.

I was <b>stopped at the lights</b>, holding onto the handrail when the van man pulls up next to me. He pips his horn and opens his window. Now, I'd used the bus lane to my advantage earlier to pass him, and I was expecting abuse, but instead he just says that he is going to indicate left now, but that I don't need to worry because he'll let me go first. Nearly fell over!
  • Of course, if you hadn't have pulled up so far to the left that you were able to hold onto the "handrail" (barrier?) he would have pulled up behind you and not have need to explain his intentions. [;)]

--
    <font color="red"><b>Basil W Brush</b></font id="red">
    --
    <font><b>Basil W Brush</b></font>
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    maybe it's a good day for WVM? one overtook me and went all the way over to the other side of the road giving me the whole lane!!!!

not too soon after tho some boy racer overtook me at about 80mph squeezing between me and the oncoming traffic. knobhead.

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia