Islay.

skink2020
skink2020 Posts: 92
edited June 2007 in Tour & expedition
Anyone done it on t,bike? Headed out there at the end of the month friday to sunday. Anything i should definately not miss? Or perhaps should definately miss?

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away. TW.
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away. TW.

Comments

• r800sport
    r800sport Posts: 9
    I was there a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I got soaked and then chilled on Arran and by the time I got to Islay I was feeling really bad and was off the bike for a few days.

If your after information on cycling, you could have a look at http://www.thewashingmachinepost.net - it has some stuff on cycling on Islay.
  • Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skink2020</i>

Anything i should definitely not miss?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Eight whisky distilleries to start with and some fantastic beaches and wildlife.

Do remember that the concept of summer in the northern latitudes is different to that further south. Summer is a time of long day light hours, but not necessarily of warm weather. It can be warm and sunny or it can be a howling gale, or both in the same day.

Do tell us how you got on when you come back.

A hirsute Scotsman.

Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.
  • Pingucp
    Pingucp Posts: 4,991
    <font color="purple">Get yourself a cycling jersey from Ardbeg.

Go over to Jura to see otters (and another distillery [:p] ).</font id="purple">

<hr noshade size="1"><center><b><font color="green">Wear the fox hat.</font id="green">
    <font size="1">Cols d'cosse</b></font id="size1"></center>
  • Pingucp
    Pingucp Posts: 4,991
    <font color="purple">I forgot to mention the Islay Ales brewery at Bridgend.</font id="purple">

<hr noshade size="1"><center><b><font color="green">Wear the fox hat.</font id="green">
    <font size="1">Cols d'cosse</b></font id="size1"></center>