Storing bikes....

cycling_simon
cycling_simon Posts: 473
edited June 2007 in Workshop
hi guys.

I have to sort out my garage over the next week and it is a tip! i have the problem of wanting to store 2 racing bikes, 2 MTBs, 3BMXs and 1 tandem..... How would be best to do this? i only have 1/2 a garage to do this with really.

I was thinking of handing the bikes by their wheels against a wall. Top to tail, but don't think the BMX's would really buy into this. And the tandem certainly wouldn't!

I don't think I have enough floor space to have them all standing in a rack, and I don't want them leaning on each other anymore as they are getting a little tatty.

Have you any better ways? How do you store yours?

YOU CAN TELL A HAPPY CYCLIST BY THE FLIES ON THEIR TEETH!

Comments

• gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    Hang vertically from the ceiling in our boiler room. They hang alternately; front wheel, back wheel and I can store my 4 bikes in a relatively compact space.
  • There is a product called Velo Glide that will store 4 or more bise very easliy on the ceiling or the wall.

E-mail me for more info.
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • think that may be a little out of my price range :( but it is well cool!

• pete.whelan
    pete.whelan Posts: 788
    Depending on the height of your garage, you may be able to hang most above the tandem. I manage to hang 8 road bikes vertically on the wall, and get the tandem underneath, leaning aginst the wall.

email me for a photo

Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • chas38
    chas38 Posts: 65
    I've just sorted my own garage out - have been able to hang 3 road bikes alternately on one wall and 2 MTB's 1 on each side of the up/over door (just!) Got some big, red rubber covered, screw in hooks from B&Q pkt.of 2 for œ1.90.As suggested, if you've enough height the tandem may just have to sit in below.