Polar Precision Performance SW

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Workshop
This is a plea- does anyone know of an idiots guide or demo that shows how to use the software effectively. The manual/help file is 100 odd pages and not user friendly. i dearly want to customise the graphs and analyse the data and to be honest i don't know where to start.. i'm good for the setting up of the S725X and downloading profiles exercises etc but the graphs? Help!

Jocksyboy

Comments

• wint
    wint Posts: 52
    Err....no. But if you do find anything can you let me know please.

The best way I found was to just mess about with it until it does something near to what you want it to.
    I have it working fine on my computer, but if I ever have to upload it to abother computer (a hard drive died on me before) it takes me an age of fiddling about to get it to present things how I want.
  • hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    Have you tried emailing Polar UK - they are very helpful.

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • Thanks- i shall make Polar my first port of call and see what they have to offer...

Jocksyboy
  • donald_ii
    donald_ii Posts: 98
    If it's any help, here's a micro summary of the basics ( i.e. as far as I ever got )

Select a day in the calander view
    - tab between exercise 1 .. 2 .. etc. ( if you have more than one that day )
    -click on the curve
    - View | View Active Properties ( to faff around with the displayed data scales etc. )

The one which took me ages to find, was how to set units - e.g. altitude to meters not feet:
    -Options | Person Properties | Measurement Units

These seem to get saved to C:\Program Files\Polar\Polar Precision Performance\{YOUR_NAME}\{YOUR_NAME}.ppd , but they not did use XML or obvious tagging within each data group :-(