Campag neutrons rubbing

spartacuscp
spartacuscp Posts: 151
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Has anyone noticed their 07 neutrons rubbing ?
The large dust cover that pops on and off to get at the tightening nut is so large it rubs on the inside of the fork on my new kinesis carbon bike.
The bulbous plastic cups on the wheel are now scored and you could hear them being cut into when you spin the wheel. I assume the minor 0.5 mm groove is as big as it is going to get now . But can`t help feeling its a bit crap.

Enthusiasm over ability every time

Comments

• Uzbek
    Uzbek Posts: 486
    Hmm, not had this prob, perhaps it is more that the shape of your fork is unusual? I've Neutron Ultras on my fast bike but I've a Kinesis winter trainer too with kinesis carbon fork. This evening I'll swap the wheels and see if the same happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If North Yorks Council spent as much on the roads each year as I do on my bike then I could spend less on my bike...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If North Yorks Council spent as much on the roads each year as I do on my bike then I could spend less on my bike...
  • spartacuscp
    spartacuscp Posts: 151
    I think the regular neutrons are different than your ultra`s , and yes the fork on the new KR810 carbon frameset have got a slightly wide fork end.
    It is a bit of a bummer and an unlucky combination for me.
    I will have to file a touch off the fork .
    I foolishly expected this to be ironed out at design stage.
    Still , both frameset and wheels are outstanding.