Multiple personalities: consecutive and concurrent

Comments

• redcogs
    redcogs Posts: 3,232
    Don't be too hard on 'Monkey ankev - as a former radical he does have some admirable qualities. Both Rothie and cuddy are on my favourite list, they both make pithy and brief (too brief and too infrequent in cud's case) contributions, unlike some of us, who elevate long winded repetition into an art form.

<font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
    <font size="1">please look up to the stars.. </font id="size1"><font size="6"><font color="red">***</font id="red"></font id="size6">
  • ankev1
    ankev1 Posts: 3,686
    I'm not being hard on him at all, just a tweak of the tail. And I know I go on about rudeness a bit but I like to think that if somebody with whom I wholeheartedly agreed (and I do often agree with some of Bimbly's points), were to be obnoxious then I'd have a go at it.

Actually I think you're right about FM's ex-radical status. I reckon it might be his first step on the long road to getting a professorship.
  • Flying_Monkey
    Flying_Monkey Posts: 8,708
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ankev1</i>

Come on FM, you only stick up for him because he shares your admiration for one particular comedian. Not even his biggest critic, Spire, could be said to "pursue" him. I hope you're not suggesting that he should be allowed to completely get away with his frequent and wholly unnecessary gross rudeness. Or do you think that manners don't matter? BTW it's obvious that you, like most of us, think they do matter because you post in a polite and civilised way, so perhaps you are even, by implication, open to charges of mild hypocrisy.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I enjoy his general disregard for decorum, actually. And yes, I recognise he sometimes loses it. But I prefer this to the low-level snidey prejudices that characterise a lot of what some people, who think of themselves as well mannered and respectable, say.

And Spire not pursuing him? He started a thread entirely dedicated to outing him (once again)... which was then joined by the usual squeaking pack of chihuahuas - all rather pointless and hypocritical don't you think?

BTW, redcogs' description makes me sound like a Labour front-bencher. I prefer to think of myself as 'differently radical' [;)]...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
    That I got no cerebellum
  • ankev1
    I suspect that Spire would let it rest (and I know I would) if he just came clean and apologised for once for his unjustifiable outbursts.

Come to think of it ... what does everbody think about a general truce? Wipe the slate clean as of today, all past sins forgiven etc. and we carry on in a slightly less confrontational atmosphere (I'm not suggesting that ideas shouldn't be shredded or attacked) but just with a bit more decorum.
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I suspect that Spire would let it rest (and I know I would) if he just came clean and apologised for once for his unjustifiable outbursts. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Good grief, if that's all you want on the same thread in which you slag off my parents and imply gaymosexuality then happy to oblige.

Mea culpa, I've used bad words and insulting language including fuzzbucket, dead old frog and scum sucker.

Apologies to anyone offended, sincerely.

Let's move on and put this whole fandango behind us.
  • redcogs
    Professor 'Monkey?! That would be too much to bear. He already overplays the 'i've read this so your view has less validity than mine' card. As Prof he might prove insufferable.

Still, i'm not seeking to offend, and he's not wishing to be provoked, so i'm happy to withdraw the 'Labour Front Bencher' implication. More a wet liberal perhaps?

• Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    FM has changed over the years..but so have i..its called evoloution...minds evolving and learning continually, hopefully![:)]
    Nothing worse than stagnation or being content with any particular reach-off-the-shelf ideology-even if it does not look like a ideology
    After a while you go beyond left and Right and when you do you see nothing is black and white.. there are no easy answers and by default any easy answer is likley to be wrong
    If that sounds like a recipe for pessimism and dispair then your wrong because peradoxically the journey of discovery you tread illuminates the mad ingenuity of humanity in hiding from itself... and that inspires hope when you find the scattered half-solutions in totally unexpected places

Economic Growth; as dead as a Yangtze River dolphin....

• ankev1
    Do you think if he did become a prof he might change his moniker to Swinging Gorilla to reflect his new sense of gravitas?
  • redcogs
    Heck Gaz - you been taking the vapours and whispering the OMMMM again?

Beyond left and right? The end of History?

fukiyama..

;-)

• spire
    spire Posts: 4,077
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

And Spire not pursuing him? He started a thread entirely dedicated to outing him (once again)... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not the case FM. My complaint is about simultaneous, not consecutive multiple identities.

I believe Martin Bimbly is now also creating extra dentities to argue with himself (Fantom). [:D]

And what about Patrick's point:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Patrick Stevens</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

There's only ever been one me at a time. Martin Dann posts on Google Groups where I'm Spindrift:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec ... ing&q=dann

Hasn't it every occurred to you that you are playing a rather dangerous game. You cruise the net, being gratutiously offensive while going to considerable lengths to conceal your identity. There has been speculation on Pistonheads as to your identity and various real people have been "outed" erroneously as being you.

It only take one nut on the net (and there are plenty) to decide to retaliate against a named individual and some innocent person ends up having a very nasty time.

Now, it might be great fun to you to go round hysterically baiting others, but its not funny when you do it anonymously and potentially cause problems for innocent people. It's power without responsibility - the prerogative of the tosspot through the ages.

You're not some silly sixteen year old coming to terms with acne and life - judging by the photo posted a while back, you're in your thirties. Isn't it about time you accepted some responsibility and either calmed down in the tone of your posting or posted under your real name so that innocent third parties don't come under suspicion?

(Sorry for moving this from the other thread Patrick, but FM was bleating.)
  • Flying_Monkey
    Sounds like an idea... I used to be 'Green Weasel' on some fora a long time ago. I'm not quite as insufferable in real life as FM is on here. It's odd how online personas take on a life of their own to a certain extent. That's another reason I think there's little point in getting too worked up about what people say and do here.

(and redcogs, I'm still happy to be an buddhist anarcho-eco-social-democrat, or something like that... I certainly am 'less radical' than I used to be, but then I was stupidly radical when much younger - I think that's very necessary and I'm suspicious of anyone who's never had radical views, but as I'm getting older, I find simple positions are often just that, and I just don't fit into any party lines or ideological grouping. I'm interested in how we actually get to a better society not just in either on the one hand imagining it in conversation, or on the other, living as if it was better and ignoring the fact that it isn't - though I do a bit of both)

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

That I got no cerebellum
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

1. Good grief, if that's all you want on the same thread in which you slag off my parents and imply gaymosexuality then happy to oblige.

Mea culpa, I've used bad words and insulting language including fuzzbucket, dead old frog and scum sucker.

2. Apologies to anyone offended, sincerely.

Let's move on and put this whole fandango behind us.

1. More homophobia; or is this another 'joke'.

2. Then why mix your apology with more insults? Do you have Tourette's?
  • rothbook
    Apologies.

Without insults.
  • redcogs
    Its going to be v dull if peace breaks out ont forum.

• Flying_Monkey
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>
    some large quote from Patrick cut'n'pasted from another thread

Please don't try to appropriate someone else's perhaps more genuinely well-meaning views and claim them as your own. You didn't start this thread through any concern about Rothbook's wellfare, did you? Be honest... and let's have an end to this harassment.

That I got no cerebellum
  • spire

Apologies.

Without insults.

OK. Fine.

I'm prepared to start afresh.
  • spire
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spire</i>
    some large quote from Patrick cut'n'pasted from another thread

Please don't try to appropriate someone else's perhaps more genuinely well-meaning views and claim them as your own. You didn't start this thread through any concern about Rothbook's wellfare, did you? Be honest... and let's have an end to this harassment.

[?][?][?][?][?][?]

Appropriated? It was clearly Patrick's quote!!

And it was you that was bleating about another thread being hijacked!
  • redcogs
    'Monkey. i'm the same as you. My political radicalism has significantly waned. In fact, to a significant degree, i'm 'worse' than you, if you will allow a value judgement, for i have the impression that you are at least an 'activist' in a variety of worthy arenas.

i used to act, now i whinge from a computer chair. So, in reality, i've no valid critique of you, or anyone else, for adopting this or that political position, progressive or otherwise.

So, no serious criticism intended - keep on keeping on with the plea for greater rationality. Its a scarce resource.

• Gary Askwith
    Gary Askwith Posts: 1,835
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

'Monkey. i'm the same as you. My political radicalism has significantly waned. In fact, to a significant degree, i'm 'worse' than you, if you will allow a value judgement, for i have the impression that you are at least an 'activist' in a variety of worthy arenas.

i used to act, now i whinge from a computer chair. So, in reality, i've no valid critique of you, or anyone else, for adopting this or that political position, progressive or otherwise.

So, no serious criticism intended - keep on keeping on with the plea for greater rationality. Its a scarce resource.

Refreshingly honest, as ever... plus that feeling of powerlessness in the face of overwhelming odds and vested interests?
    How each individual copes with this feeling is whats interesting

• linfordlunchbox
    linfordlunchbox Posts: 4,834

Apologies.

Without insults.

Is this an open apology and a step towards more civility in debates on here, or am I to burn in damnation forever more also ?

"I'd clean my car with a baby elephant - if I had a baby elephant !"

"I\'d clean my car with a baby elephant - if I had a baby elephant !"
  • Flying_Monkey
    [?][?][?][?][?][?]

Appropriated? It was clearly Patrick's quote!!

And it was you that was bleating about another thread being hijacked!

Doesn't matter now - all is forgiven.

That I got no cerebellum
  • Absinthe Minded
    Absinthe Minded Posts: 1,351
    What makes me laugh about this thread is that I can't understand why any of you care about who's whom, how many aliases somebody has, whether they're SS trolls, etc, etc.

I mean who cares? What does it matter?

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="2"><b><font color="purple">Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font id="purple"></b></font id="size2">

<font size="2">See My route to work!</font id="size2">
    <hr><font><b><font>Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font></b></font>
    <font>See My route to work!</font>
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Absinthe Minded</i>

I mean who cares? What does it matter?

It certainly matters if I'm suspected of being redcogs.[:0] I've got an application in to join Rotary.
  • Absinthe Minded
    Absinthe Minded Posts: 1,351
    .....oh yes, I never thought of that. [;)]

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="2"><b><font color="purple">Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font id="purple"></b></font id="size2">

<font size="2">See My route to work!</font id="size2">
    <hr><font><b><font>Ja sam napisao ovo ovde samo zbog toga da izgledam pametan...</font></b></font>
    <font>See My route to work!</font>
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Absinthe Minded</i>

.....oh yes, I never thought of that. [;)]

And I only stand a chance because I've sent them a picture of Blonde.
  • redcogs
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    It certainly matters if I'm suspected of being redcogs.[:0] I've got an application in to join Rotary.

There could be a benefit of being confused with me Patrick - imagine a new peer group who have conversation about subjects <b> other </b> than income and inheritance tax, private dentistry considerations, asylum seeker crime, the drain of having to support a welfare state, which new Limou' to secure etc etc.

Its not all negative y'know.

[:)]

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redcogs</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

There could be a benefit of being confused with me Patrick - imagine a new peer group who have conversation about subjects <b> other </b> than income and inheritance tax, private dentistry considerations, asylum seeker crime, the drain of having to support a welfare state, which new Limou' to secure etc etc.

Its not all negative y'know.

[:)]

But redders, what other subjects can there be - apart from Capital Gains Tax, of course?
  • rothbook
    Your email's a crock Patrick. Your snippy remarks pre-date you even mentioning the fact that armed gangs of motorists may attack someone innocent as revenge for what I write. Argue with what I've said if you like and stop playing silly games.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rothbook</i>

Your email's a crock Patrick. Your snippy remarks pre-date you even mentioning the fact that armed gangs of motorists may attack someone innocent as revenge for what I write. Argue with what I've said if you like and stop playing silly games.

Why don't you try talking things through with some friends. I'm sure it would help.
  • rothbook
    Excellent, the silly games have stopped already.